Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worrying hair scrunchie addiction!

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Worrying hair scrunchie addiction!

I think silk scrunchies are great. I have a cobalt blue scrunchie and a dark silver/smokey gray coloured one. I don't care if people say scrunchies are fashion-police-worthy :P

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I only use velvet scrunchies at home. Other fabric don't last a minute before they start to slide down. Can you guys actually keep silk or satin scrunchies in your hair for more than a few minutes? They wouldn't be of any use to me.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I only use velvet scrunchies at home. Other fabric don't last a minute before they start to slide down. Can you guys actually keep silk or satin scrunchies in your hair for more than a few minutes? They wouldn't be of any use to me.
    Depends how you wear them, in a ponytail they might slide down a bit, but not in a bun, for example

Way more miraculous to me is that any of you manage to keep hair sticks or forks in your hair for more than a few minutes (or seconds)...

Length
    2/26/40
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by schnibbles View Post
    I love me a scrunchie! (channeling my inner Kimmie Gibbler)
    I've been trying to resist buying these .. I really want them but what colors? All of her colors are beautiful, can't choose..
    Look what you've done now! Those blues are incredible. One of the Etsy shops I have bought from before seems to have disappeared, but this one is still there: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/silkhairdesigns?page=1

Length
    2/26/40
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    On the rare occasions that I have straightened my hair, it is far too slippery to keep tied up properly with anything! But my natural hair seems to have more resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta
    Way more miraculous to me is that any of you manage to keep hair sticks or forks in your hair for more than a few minutes (or seconds)...
    I agree. Wooden sticks poking me in the head are not a good idea!

Length
    BSL/37/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by grinlord View Post
    Look what you've done now! Those blues are incredible. One of the Etsy shops I have bought from before seems to have disappeared, but this one is still there: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/silkhairdesigns?page=1
    These look really nice, a little more subtle as far as scrunchies go... enabler.

Length
    2/26/40
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by schnibbles View Post
    These look really nice, a little more subtle as far as scrunchies go... enabler.
    Indeed. Less scrunchie than a full-on scrunchie!

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I was just thinking about investing in scrunchies myself! I am curious though how you all bun your hair with them?

Length
    2/26/40
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by calmyogi View Post
    I was just thinking about investing in scrunchies myself! I am curious though how you all bun your hair with them?
    Wow, something I can finally help with! Make a ponytail with your hands only (no hair bands). It can be low, high, or indeed anywhere on your head! With one hand, I hold the base of the ponytail, and use the other hand to twist the tail, then carefully use both hands to wrap it around itself. Finally, tie a scrunchie over the whole thing, usually only twice is necessary.

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by grinlord View Post
    Wow, something I can finally help with! Make a ponytail with your hands only (no hair bands). It can be low, high, or indeed anywhere on your head! With one hand, I hold the base of the ponytail, and use the other hand to twist the tail, then carefully use both hands to wrap it around itself. Finally, tie a scrunchie over the whole thing, usually only twice is necessary.
    Thank you grinlord! is there a brand or style that holds best with the least amount of damage?