Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Hair Attacks: Your Tales of Pain

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: When Hair Attacks: Your Tales of Pain

At work in the bathroom stalls they have a toilet paper dispenser. The dispenser somehow pinches my hair between two plates of metal in the corner of it. All the time! No idea how to get my hair out. It rips pieces out!

Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Between my bun and my glasses, I fairly regularly get myself stuck in my clothes, but I've come to consider it a part of life. What stands out as a tale of pain is the wagon.

I must have been about 7 or 8. My sisters and I were outside playing, taking turns pulling each other down the hill in our little red wagon. My turn came, and I laid down in the wagon with my feet hanging over the handle end and my head, including hair, hanging over the back end. Off we went down the hill. To this day I don't know why, but for some reason, my driver stopped, and then began to push the wagon back up the hill. The next bit is a little hazy, but it ended with my neck bent so far back that I could see the sidewalk behind the wagon. There was definitely screaming involved, because my mother ran out of the house to come investigate. She ended up having to carry the entire wagon into the house with me still in it. Somehow or other, we got me out of the wagon and into a dining chair with the wagon on the table. We had to take off the wheel in order to free my hair.

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
    At work in the bathroom stalls they have a toilet paper dispenser. The dispenser somehow pinches my hair between two plates of metal in the corner of it. All the time! No idea how to get my hair out. It rips pieces out!
    That happens to people in my office all the time - I'm always seeing hairs caught in those things in the stalls! Since mine is always up at work it's never happened to me but I imagine it must be quite painful!

CrazyGrace, that sounds awful! Glad they were able to get you loose!
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGrace View Post
    Between my bun and my glasses, I fairly regularly get myself stuck in my clothes, but I've come to consider it a part of life. What stands out as a tale of pain is the wagon.

I must have been about 7 or 8. My sisters and I were outside playing, taking turns pulling each other down the hill in our little red wagon. My turn came, and I laid down in the wagon with my feet hanging over the handle end and my head, including hair, hanging over the back end. Off we went down the hill. To this day I don't know why, but for some reason, my driver stopped, and then began to push the wagon back up the hill. The next bit is a little hazy, but it ended with my neck bent so far back that I could see the sidewalk behind the wagon. There was definitely screaming involved, because my mother ran out of the house to come investigate. She ended up having to carry the entire wagon into the house with me still in it. Somehow or other, we got me out of the wagon and into a dining chair with the wagon on the table. We had to take off the wheel in order to free my hair.
    That sounds terrifying for a kid to endure! Oi!

Length
    SL/MBL/HIP
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Seems my hair is always getting caught on things now. It is a daily ritual for one of my kids to grab hold of it with a death grip, and then half the time if I have it down and im sitting on the couch, my husband will come sit next to me and accidently lean back on it. Same thing when im in bed, it will get laid on. I need to get in the habit of braiding my hair every night. I hate always having to wear it up during the days though.

*SL~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL*
    Growing Long Hair Once Again!

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

When leaving a cafe, a gust of wind slammed the door on my hair, so I came to an abrupt painful stop, reopened the door and walked off. Owwwww!

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Know what a burpee is?
    My son, a personal trainer in training, assigned them to me as his first paying client.
    One morning, I thought I had my hair in a braid, but it had morphed overnight to a wavy ponytail.

On burpee two, I planted my foot quite firmly on my ends.
    Several shrieks and profanities later, I rechristened the exercise as "trippies."
    My son's response?
    "Did you film it?"

He thought it would be a good ad for him.

Sure, if giggling stoners is your target market.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

I wear my hair down all the time. In high school, we had those chairs with the metal studs in the back. My hair LOVED to get stuck in those.

Also, walls. I don't know what it is about walls, but my hair will actually get stuck in walls. I've had it Velcro itself to brick, and the cracks in one of those expandable walls that divided the gym at my old school.

Learning my hair was finally long enough to get stuck in the car door was also a painful experience.