Page 103 of 288 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2872

Thread: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

Not a fan of labels. missblueeyes's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: ISO other *colorful* longhairs?

Well, I have some opened Directions dye that has been sitting around for years (like, almost 8 years maybe?) and it still works just like in the beginning. That being said I didn't put it in my hair but my mom who usually keeps Directions for ages did and according to her they never lose their effect.
    Chin | APL | BSL | Waist | Hip | BCL | TBL

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I ended up buying some new dyes just to try slightly different shades and make sure I have enough dye and such. But I used a couple of the old ones.

But my hair might have some colour in it now.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    pixie/Chin-/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    I ended up buying some new dyes just to try slightly different shades and make sure I have enough dye and such. But I used a couple of the old ones.

But my hair might have some colour in it now.
    Ooohh! I can't wait to see the results!
    Lord Skáld, War Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "I did not hit her It's not true It's bs I did not hit her I did naht Oh hai Mark"Tommy Wiseau

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I've got 15 photos in a blog entry, but here are a couple for this thread :

Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quixii, I think you just won the thread.

Does anyone have any experience with Adore's pinks? I dyed my minion's hair with MP Hot Hot Pink, and it looked great but has faded quite a lot after only a few washes. She wants to stay pink, and since Adore is cheaper I figured I'd try one of those. Possibly Raspberry Twist.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quixii! that looks fantastic!!!!!!!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    I've got 15 photos in a blog entry, but here are a couple for this thread :
    What a beautiful rainbow!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/BSL/?
    Type
    2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    Quixii, I think you just won the thread.

Does anyone have any experience with Adore's pinks? I dyed my minion's hair with MP Hot Hot Pink, and it looked great but has faded quite a lot after only a few washes. She wants to stay pink, and since Adore is cheaper I figured I'd try one of those. Possibly Raspberry Twist.
    I don't have any Adore experience, but I used Joico, and I am still digging to get the last out.

http://www.joico.com/joico-products/...lor/intensity/

I will say though, it held much more firmly to the hair I'd previously dyed with a developer compared to virgin hair. Hope that maybe some info on a possibility could help

Length
    SDL/BSL+/HL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've only just found this thread, hello my fellow unnaturally coloured friends

I've had black, orange, yellow, pink (I miss it so much, but I could never get my hair light enough and it would always go salmon-y in places), purple but mostly just red.

Last time I dyed my hair with Directions Vermillion over bleached hair, but I'm thinking of using a box dye this time just because it's easier and doesn't seem to dry out my hair as much as the separate bleaching/clarifying/dying steps. I have horribly dry hair that is very prone to mechanical damage, so I try to keep it as moisturised as possible and I just can't keep it feeling nice when I use bleach and direct dyes. My natural hair colour isn't light enough to put red on top, also I have pretty low porosity hair so direct dyes never seem to stick, just put a weird tinge that fades after 1 wash.

I know a LOT of people are very anti-box dyes but I've had less of a problem with them than I have with bleaching and veggie dyes.

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    I haven't used Adore, but I have used Special Effects Atomic Pink, which is notorious for never coming out of hair ever, (and is the reason my ends will never be white again) if you're looking for a long-lasting dye. I superdilute mine with white conditioner, bought it a year and 4 months ago, and still have half the bottle. I've also found MP Fuchsia Shock, diluted, to be very lasting. Last December I used a teaspoon in a bowl of conditioner and I was definitely shockingly fuchsia! I had to bleach the color out of because it absolutely would not fade at the roots (which, since mine are light, did not flatter), but I can use a pea-size amount for a really pretty pastel. Right now I mainly use MP Cleo Rose, which I also dilute. I find I get a better color payoff when diluting a more vibrant color (MP cotton candy pink and MP hot hot pink faded immediately, used at full concentration) and much cheaper in the long run (:

ETA: seconding that I've found the dye sticks better to pre-lightened hair. With MP pinks I first did them over my natural color that had been highlighted, and only my highlights were pink. With SFX AP, I used a more concentrated dilution to get pink over my natural color, but now that I've got bleached ends I can color them with a pastel dilution and they will pick up pink, but it will not stick to my virgin color. I've found the same with all other direct dyes I've tried - will not stick on my virgin hair, or if it's concentrated enough it will stick at first and fade out of it in the next wash, leaving only lengths tinted.

Quixii your rainbow is beautiful!
    Last edited by wispe; September 14th, 2016 at 10:33 AM.