Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My last chance to save my hair before I get a pixie cut/shave :'(

Length
    APL/BSL +/WL

Default Re: My last chance to save my hair before I get a pixie cut/shave :'(

Clarify with neutrogena anti residue shampoo.. wash your entire head and length and maybe try washing with your head tipped upside down over the side of the bath instead of standing up in the shower.. this really gets all the areas if your hair is really greasy.. make sure to scrub all round the nape (which makes it easier if your head ia tipped upside down) and the front underneath parts and rinse thoroughly! This worked for me when I had horrible build up and nothing else seemed to work!

Length
    CL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

You know, I had this EXACT same problem a while back, only that it affected a portion of my scalp. I would wash it and no matter how I did it, there was a spot in the back of my head that turned greasy in excess in just an hour or so. It looked wet, even, and a little smelly. I knew it wasn't a normal thing for me because my hair was never too oily or dry, and it was happening only in that spot. I went to a dermatologist and he agreed that it was some kind of fungi. He gave a tonic that I applied for a week or so in that spot, and the problem dissapeared. Maybe you just need to see another doctor?

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Maybe try dabbing some witch hazel on the part of scalp that seems effected and see if that stops some grease flow.
    Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I have zero experience with so don't have many guesses but hopefully something will work.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    15/19.5/9999'
    Type
    2b/M/ii

As a former grease ball, I can tell you that the less I wash, the less oil my scalp makes. When I quit using shampoo I was amazed at how I stopped needing it. I was trying baking soda and soaps and that made things bad. Anything basic/alkaline seems to make my scalp over-produce oils to repair the damage. Also, super cold water on my head will delay the oilies by a day at least. Now I stretch washes, CO wash, and often water-only. I get to day 5 without looking homeless. Used to be 2 days max.

And you are sure the oiliness isn't coming from a scrunchy or some kind of fabric somewhere?

Your hair looks great, by the way. I'd wonder if maybe you're paying too much attention and noticing things that aren't actually out of the norm. When I first noticed I had megapore on my nose I fixated on it for weeks and was convinced it was getting worse, etc. But it's just normal, always been there, shrinks with herb use, but whatever.