Thread: Limecrime Hair Dye!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Limecrime Hair Dye!

Has anyone tried this dye brand yet? I really want to but I'm a little scared to take the plunge, especially with how vivid the colors are. They're so pretty though, and apparently vegan/cruelty-free.

What do you guys think? I think that if I try it then I'd want to use "Pony", since that shade of purple is just gorgeous (go big or go home right?)

Side note: I hope I posted this in the right spot!

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Limecrime Hair Dye!

Pony, chocolate cherry, and anime certainly caught my attention. I may give them a shot when it's time to color my hair next. Thanks for sharing!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    Pony, chocolate cherry, and anime certainly caught my attention. I may give them a shot when it's time to color my hair next. Thanks for sharing!
    You're welcome! I think chocolate cherry looks lovely as well either it or strawberry jam would probably blend nicely with henna, I feel like.

I've never heard of them, but boy do they have some pretty lipsticks, too!

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Meh, Manic Panic is also vegan and cruelty-free, and cheaper, and is a reputable company whereas Lime Crime is kind of...not.

I know everybody and their aunt is trying to capitalize on the unnatural hair color trend, but personally, I'd stick with the brands that were doing crazy colors before it was cool. One of them is bound to have whatever color you want, and they'll have a lot of reviews and photos of how the color looks in real life.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    Meh, Manic Panic is also vegan and cruelty-free, and cheaper, and is a reputable company whereas Lime Crime is kind of...not.

I know everybody and their aunt is trying to capitalize on the unnatural hair color trend, but personally, I'd stick with the brands that were doing crazy colors before it was cool. One of them is bound to have whatever color you want, and they'll have a lot of reviews and photos of how the color looks in real life.
    Yup, this. Lime Crime has a tattered reputation to say the least. Manic Panic, Stargazer, Adore and La Riche Directions are better options Manic Panic Deep Purple Dream looks very similar to LC's Pony.

Edit: Also, all these kinds of colours will only look as vivid on very light blonde hair, as they are only pure pigment, no developer. So if your hair is anything but light blonde, you will need to bleach it to get the same super bright result. The colours look lovely on darker hair too, but you won't get bright purple hair with a dye like this if you have brown hair.

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I was going to sat all of the above when I first saw this forum but I wasnt sure if I wanted to open my mouth LOL
    Limecrime is a bad company. Try speclal effects, manic panic, adore, articfox. Theres so many better companies out there.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.