Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The hemline maintainers support thread for 2015 party :)

Length
    8/4/24

Default Re: The hemline maintainers support thread for 2015 party :)

Happy to see this thread! I will be growing out some layers and maintaining around shoulder length once I get there. I recently switched to using herbs to wash my hair and have found that the less-damaged parts are responding extremely well to that method, so now I want to grow out the less happy ends and keep trimming until I have a full hemline.

Hovering over waist and maintaining here

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I want to maintain for a while when I get to waist (2 months from now?).. but I seriously consider some long layers. I just don't seem to be happy with my hair and long layers shouldn't be difficult to grow out in case anything goes wrong, right? Right?... I get this triangle of hair with no layers, and I don't care for updos..

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Well im not maintaining per as but hemline health not length is my priority. May I join?

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'll be apl wavy by Xmas, I'll then be maintaining to get rid of 4 inches of shed ends. I'll then be trimming until bsl, I'll probably only trim half my growth although I do get scissor happy, so who knows!!

Length
    SL/BSL/HL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Ive been considering cutting way back because my ends are looking ragged and the difference from the shortest to the longest is quite a lot giving a deep v cut appearance. So perhaps the new year will be a good time to start fresh hemline wise since i prefer blunt or a really gentle u shape ....though id probably have to go back to bsl from almost waist!

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hiiiii Jessssss!!!!!!!! You inspired this idea and im glad that you are on board to!!!!!
    Hiii Federica!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the party We will get this sorted you will see
    Hiii Emma!!!!!!! Sounds like a great plan I want to be quick so I plan to chop off all growth once I reach BCL, I have about 3 MAYBE 4 inches to get through and then I will continue to classic with a pretty awesome hemline
    Thats exactly how i feel Caraid, an great looking hemline is my top priority next year I just need to get to BCL first (which i should reach it by Dec) so that my hair can feel long first, Ive been at hip where im at now a fair few times, its a boring length for me.
    KittyBird Welcome to the club! Thats my dream goal! Good luck getting there quick!
    Welcome Imalath! Thats what i have, some old damage from using heat when I first chopped at just above shoulders, its about 3 inches on my length that needs to go ASAP. We can do this!
    Welcome Johannah Glad to see you here to I remember you being at Hip before and trimming back, I was like NOOOOOO bad girl! Kiddin! But that sounds like a good plan! I have some hair on my sides that are slightly shorter and also damaged from when I used heat a couple of times in the early days of growing (I was trying to tame the weird flips my hair was doing at shoulder length but with no vail and now im paying for it again ugh!). Its only about lets say 3 inches that needs to be chopped off and this way I should have a super blunt hem as well.
    Welcome Ocelan! Its the right decision to make there, just keep focusing on have that awesome hem and enjoy every time you get closer to that goal. Thats what I need to do, I want perfect hem, wish I could have it right now tho : ) )
    Welcome happydeer! Thats a great plan!
    Zebra Fish Good luck! Thats great! Welcome to the club!
    martyna_22 Whatever makes you happy! Welcome!
    kganihanova Welcome! For sure!
    Welcome diddiedaisy, thats what im affraid of as well, I need to be patient tho because I know I will regret if I just chop it all off and end up back to hip.
    Welcome wool! This is a good time to think about what you want to do in the coming year which isnt very far away. We can do this!
    Last edited by Tini'sNewHair; August 18th, 2014 at 07:14 PM.

sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~ mbl ~ wl~
    hip~ tbl ~ classic!

Length
    56cm/69cm/82cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm joining. I hope to be past BSL by the end of the year. My longest ever length. I'm growing out colour, damage and the worst ever short layers. Also I've had a shed and the ends are getting thin and straggly. I agree that New Year is a great time to start this.
    I plan to trim all my growth each month for the first half of the year and then switch to trimming half the growth. I really hope this will make me happy with my hemline by the end of 2015.
    Growing out colour/bleach, heat damage and short layers since February 2014

APL>* BSL *> Mid-back > Waist

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tini'sNewHair View Post
    Welcome Johannah Glad to see you here to I remember you being at Hip before and trimming back, I was like NOOOOOO bad girl! Kiddin! But that sounds like a good plan! I have some hair on my sides that are slightly shorter and also damaged from when I used heat a couple of times in the early days of growing (I was trying to tame the weird flips my hair was doing at shoulder length but with no vail and now im paying for it again ugh!). Its only about lets say 3 inches that needs to be chopped off and this way I should have a super blunt hem as well.

Those trims were a good thing to do but sometimes I regret it. It looks like my hair hasn't grown AT ALL since then. It's still at waist. Even though in inches, it's probably as long as before the trims... My hair type changed from a 1b/1c to a 2a, so shrinkage is the cause as well . Even when my waves are gone after sleeping on them, it gets some sort of waves when it's been in a bun. Never had that this much when my hair was straight. Soooooo I need to grow my hair longer to reach my goal... Buuuuuuuut on the positive side, I really really really like 2a hair so my hair will be GORGEOUS when I reach BCL (or whatever goal because I still haven't decided yet, woops).

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Also clicked this thread since I like to have a thicker hemline,but I struggle with gaining length since I trim so often - I was at waist in autumn last year and now I'm only so-so at hip!So maybe this thread isn't the best place for me to be in