Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a massage and...

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Getting a massage and...

Yay! I have a massage today. I am leaving in just 30 minutes, so I may not get responses in time to help me today, but I get massages 2-3 times a year, so maybe the responses I get will help for the next time.

My massage therapist has a pixie, and I doubt she has ever had long hair. When she massages my scalp it feels amazing, but it really tangles my hair because of all the vigorous circular and back and forth motions. I'm thinking of asking her not to massage my head, even though I love how it feels, because of the tangling. Maybe I should bring some jojoba oil or olive oil infused with essential oils so that she can liberally apply that to my scalp and it will tangle less? When I do my own scalp massage, it doesn't tangle much because I am careful how I move my hands in there. She's not. So maybe the EOs wouldn't help afterall. Anyway, thoughts?

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    bald/MBL/clsc
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Getting a massage and...

Never be afraid to communicate with your massage therapist -- any therapist worth her salt will appreciate your feedback to make the massage as effective and pleasant as possible for you. Either let her know how you prefer to have your scalp massaged or ask that she not massage that area at all. You are the client, and she will be happy to accommodate your requests.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I have the same problems when I get massages. To be honest, I just let it happen I get massages very seldom so it is worth for me. I love getting massaged on my head. What might help if you brush/comb your hair really well before the massage. I also usually have my hair in a bun until the head massage starts.

Length
    WSL/WSL/term
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

^ Yeah, I'd tell her to go gentle. I've gotten massages before where they rubbed my scalp and were careful to not create any tangles. You could bring the jojoba oil as a precautionary measure.

Length
    Chin/CBL+/WL

Could it work wearing two very loose pigtails hanging down? Maybe she could go gentle on the scalp only that way and not tangle up the lenghts??
    I'm a massage therapist, but not active in giving massages anymore. I never did a scalp massage on anyone else but myself so I can't say what works best.
    Try talk to her about being gentle on your head hope it works out for you...

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I mentioned it and she didn't tangle it near as bad this time. She's an AMAZING massage therapist. I hope she never retires because I love her work so well. Thanks for the input. I forgot to bring my jojoba oil, but she was careful when she massaged my scalp and didn't make a lot of circular motions and cause tangles.

Length
    Pixie/SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/iii

That's great to hear! As a massage therapist, I can also tell you that your input is incredibly valuable to us! We want you to have the best experience possible, so you communicating your needs only helps us to better serve you! Happy to hear that you're regularly receiving massage therapy
    3A , Porous, Medium texture, Normal Elasticity. Pixie~Ear Length~Chin~ Nape~CBL (11/30/14)~4 inches until APL~MB~Waist. * 1 Corinthians 11:15 *

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Willow View Post
    That's great to hear! As a massage therapist, I can also tell you that your input is incredibly valuable to us! We want you to have the best experience possible, so you communicating your needs only helps us to better serve you! Happy to hear that you're regularly receiving massage therapy
    I wish I could go every month! I love the work she does on me. I always feel better afterwards, and I think it helps me stay healthy, not get a lot of colds and such.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I've got much shorter hair, but very tangle prone. For all my treatments that have me laying down, I bring a silk scarf to lay over the surface for my hair. My PT will tangle my hair, but I need the neck and shoulder work more than my hair. When my neck points need work (pretty much every other week), my massage therapist can't avoid tangles at my nape. But really, I like being able to move so whatever grumpy hair, go ahead and tangle. However, he also will use my Tangle Teezer once done to relax my scalp. It's nice.

If you leave the first 4-6" looser, it's pretty simple to massage your scalp and limit or avoid tangles.

Once home, apply oil and detangle as you prefer. I only use a TT, but whatever you like. On any stubborn knots, apply a drop of a silicone serum, then pick out. Avoid water or water based products as it tends to tighten a knot more. This worked to detangle a solid mat involving a good 95% of my youngest daughter's hair. Solid as in all one big mat. On extremely curly hair that was only washed with dish soap. As in so horrific, I went off on everyone who allowed the abuse. Her hair alone was 19 pages of my 130+ page report that had very few details on exactly what I would give to my very developed media contacts. The report that I put on every state senator's desk, governor and lieutenant governor's desk, all HHS desks, the school board, and the foster nightmare machine company. The report got HHS to riot against the company and demand the kids dad was granted his wish to be removed as a parent so we could adopt within a few hours. Before they'd been refused the removal for 6 years.

Ok, I'll stop ranting. But yeah, I know how to undo knots.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I was going to suggest a hair detangler and wide tooth comb. I'd mist my hair with the detangler to prevent tangles and the comb to detangle any thing the detangler didn't prevent.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com