Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orange glow with henna.... does indigo in the mix neutralize those?

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Orange glow with henna.... does indigo in the mix neutralize those?

And the indigo washed out, but I'm going to try another couple glosses before I give up on the(permanent) toning power of indigo!
    Long hair until Henna disaster April 2014.... Big Chop April 2015 to cut it out. Growing my natural color long! My blog

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

In case anyone's following along this thread:

So I've been trying five indigo glosses to cool off my henna to a shade that's closer to my natural ash brown roots so I can grow out natural.

The second one worked but washed out within a few days. The fifth one seems to have worked for now, but I haven't washed even once yet, it was done just last night. Here's me yesterday, before the 4th and 5th indigo glosses I did yesterday (4th did nothing so I did another right away with more indigo):
    with a tiny bit of sunlight, by the window:

outside in total overcast daylight

I was totally unhappy with how rusty orange brassy wrong the hair color is (for me)....it just simply doesn't suit me, makes my warm brown eyes appear to match and look reddish brown, which isn't a good look, and just clashes. Gotta tone it more neutral, so I'm really hoping the blue in indigo can do that in a permanent way.

Here's the lovely indigo toned effect I have right now after gloss#5:

in some sunlight moments you can see some warm henna shining through, but it's much more liveable:

sun shining through:

but in most lights, even daylight, it looks like a pretty medium brown shade which really matches my 1" of roots:

and I am thrilled. My eyebrows coordinate fine, it works with my skin tone, it's just....a relief. Please don't wash out, indigo gloss toner!!! I want this henndigo to last, no more straight henna for me. Red Experiment 2014 tried and I can cross that off my list for good and now I can just get off the haircolor cycle forever I hope. I'm so done with worrying about my hair color, I just wanna let nature do it's thing and never have 'roots' to manage again!!!

What do you guys think? Any tips to get it to stick better if it washes out again?
    Long hair until Henna disaster April 2014.... Big Chop April 2015 to cut it out. Growing my natural color long! My blog

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Don't have any more tips, but I'm glad my recipe proved so helpful to you! (Well, not originally my recipe of course, but I guess I was the one who told you about it )

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

yes! Toimii tosi hyvin!!

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I've killed all the rust orange color, methinks.... I hope this last indigo gloss stays well enough so i don't need to do it again. This is a totally overcast day,standing outside. Normally the rust color would be flaring angrily but this is mostly cooled off now :

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

^ That's really cool, in every sense of the word!

Quote Originally Posted by leilani View Post
    yes! Toimii tosi hyvin!!
    Last edited by Rosetta; October 5th, 2014 at 08:18 AM.

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Washed out every time. Brassy henna persists.

Bummed that my seventh indigo gloss I left on over half an hour did nothing. Still rusty hair.
    So I did a treatment and an updo to distract myself. These indoor photos cheer me up since there's no natural light to reveal the rust orange glow.

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Do you put salt in your gloss? A teaspoon or so in the water when you make the indigo up, before you add it to the condish may help it to stick. I know it does for me.
    after a year with bright red hair, I'm back to henna and indigo, mainly henna applications but some indigo to take the orange down a bit! Now to get back to growing again, beyond bra strap how but aiming for hip.