Page 1 of 148 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MapleBurl on Etsy: colorful burls from Russia!

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Talking MapleBurl on Etsy: colorful burls from Russia!

I mentioned I bought some hairsticks from MapleBurl on Etsy in the PIFthread, last night. And look! This morning all of a sudden, many of his hair sticks sold!
    Come on out of the woods, you scallywaggin' sticksnaggers, and 'fess up who bought what!
    I'll lead by good example:
    - These sticks, this set and this green barette are already with me. Happy! So, I ordered more:
    - Look! Green ones! and yellow to match my earrings and pendant (...ok I never wear yellow but now I have to) and these that I snagged just from under ChristianSummer's nose (I'm sorry, if they're too similar to my first pair they're yours) and these and this single stick, and a pendant for the mom because moms need bling.

In case anyone wonders: I didn't buy them all for me, I like to have some presents at hand for emergency birthdays and the like.

As is obvious from my second mega order, I really liked the first three items I received.

The barette is much more green in real life, like a dark apple green. SUPER shiny and bright. The color is impossible to photograph, mine and his made it much more turquoise. It's dishwashliquid green, with all kinds of swirls and dots. Gorgeous.
    The sticks were nicely inlaid with satiny burl. The ebony was very smooth, the burl had a different texture, probably because it's a different kind of wood. It was, well, almost like it was flocked, but not. Went into my hair without any snags of course. I did mod the points because I like SHARP sticks, but that isn't his fault. Inlay is done super flush and straight to the supporting wood, I can't feel the seam even with my nail on the body of the stick. (On the side, the inlay is where the stick goes from straight to rounded so that doesn't count.) As for looks, it's like I have a piece of expensive antique burl inlaid furniture in my hair. Or a rich mens car's glove compartment piece! They hold very well.

And the earrings look like stone, but are much lighter and don't trech my earlobes despite being quite large. I like big earrings, but have stretchy lobes, so I wear them a lot!

...Yeah, so, I'm quite happy with my sticks, and wait eagerly for the next shipment to arrive. What did you all snatch up?

Oh one thing: Igor is really nice. He sends me small messages about his shop every once in an while and was super happy I did a second order. He also has just stabilized more colorfull woods, that he showed me in photo's, so there's gonna be more pretties soon! There was a blue and a turquoise, and some wine red with gray. He was also very happy about the orders from last night.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: MapleBurl on Etsy: colorful burls from Russia!

Um, hi! I just kinda clicked on the link after seeing you guys chatting about it in the PIF thread, and yanno how that goes... Then I waited for you to start this thread. Oh, and between now and then, three little beauties (short, but good for half ups) jumped into my cart and will be coming home to live with me. I was favourting things, wanting to buy, and they were being sold as I did so... *squints eyes, knowing the culprit who's yet to show*

All I can say is WOW. Beautiful stuff, and Majorane, you've scored some real lovelies that I was drooling over (those ones you snagged--extra wowowow).

Consider me enabled. Igor messaged me saying my package will be on its way tomorrow (29th).
    Last edited by Crystawni; July 28th, 2014 at 04:07 AM.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Okay, here are the lovelies from my first order a few weeks ago:

I love them so much and I already have more on the way.
    Majorane, thank you so much for letting me buy those from you if they don't work out! And if they do work for you I want action shots!
    Igor is soooo nice! I can't wait to get my next order (shipping tomorrow) and look forward to seeing what else he comes up with.
    APL--->BSL--->MBL--->WST--->HIP--->TBL--->Classic

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Ahh, Chrystawni, not the clicking on the link... nooo! (whenever I do that here I end up spending more than I planned.... I recently got a block from paypal, that I spend too much and they couldn't take money directly from my bank account any more. That was shamefull..... But there were loopholes. Phew.)
    Did you also buy that linden/maple burl single stick? I've been pining after that one, but it looks similar to somethign else I already have. I think the pair you choose would look great in your hair

ChristianSummer: Oooooh you, too, are repeat customer? :highfive: You bought the purple pair! And the fancy fishtails! Action shots! Action shots! (mine are on my phone and she's at home, so.... later today.)

Also, Igor sends out a link for tracking the parcel, to the Russian mail site. Now I know that there's still one horse employed by the Russian Mail. How cool is that, and what would it do? Pick up parcels in one tiny remote village, or live out it's days in the Mail Stables, being petted by workers on their break? It should get it's own facebook page.

I JUST SAW A BARETTE BEING SOLD! C'mon, who was that? Hey? hey? Tell!!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Gee! Nosy! That was me.... Couldn't resist the little beauty, just hope it's a decent size as most barrettes are too small for my hair! But if it doesn't work out it will be going into the PIF thread....
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Ah... sorry. It's just so awfully quiet at the job today, and I forgot to bring a book with me, so I'm bored out of my mind. Keep looking at what I bought, and writing replies, and all. *sigh* Normally I'm not nosy at all. *cough*

I thought the barette was pretty big, my 3,5" pony only fitted with some bending of the clip, I hope yours fits too.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Oh that's ok, there's nothing worse than a boring job. At least you get to peruse LHC instead....MUCH more interesting. lol.

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Indeed! Normally it's quite interesting, but today one of the bridges upriver broke (I'm a bridgekeeper) so there's no traffic at all. And it rains, so I can't sneak away with my pocket marine radio to sit in the sun and help lost tourists. Oh well. I'll empty Etsy and get my post count up.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Well, you know what they say about idle hands.... they spend on hair toys

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Majorane View Post
    Ahh, Chrystawni, not the clicking on the link... nooo! (whenever I do that here I end up spending more than I planned.... I recently got a block from paypal, that I spend too much and they couldn't take money directly from my bank account any more. That was shamefull..... But there were loopholes. Phew.)
    Did you also buy that linden/maple burl single stick? I've been pining after that one, but it looks similar to somethign else I already have. I think the pair you choose would look great in your hair
    Yeppers, I got the mahogany, maple burl and linden single stick that was begging to be picked, and two pairs (rubber wood with lacewood, and ebony with maple burl). I linked to each in my previous post via "three little beauties" (one link per word). I can't wait to see how they go!

And Sarahlabyrinth, that is one rich, beautifully coloured barrette! I hope it works well for you!

*awaiting action shots that are yet to come*

*eyes clock*

*will probably be sleeping...*

time zones suck
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~