Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair Compliments

Length
    Pixie/18"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Compliments

I've gotten compliments lately on my hair - the color and cut/style. I have dirt brown hair and I'm awkwardly growing out a pixie with headbands to detract from the mess. Oh well, I'll take it!

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I've been growing out hennaed hair so have some frustration with it because my virgin hair is silver and grey. In my frustration my DH turns to me and says, " your hair looks better on a bad hair day than most people's looks on a good hair day." And even though I know it's not true I thought it was the sweetest hair compliment I've ever received.
    My guy can be so sweet :

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

A teenage daughter of a friend of mine told me this week when she was playing w/ my hair that I have some of the prettiest, silkiest hair she's ever seen. I don't see my hair as all that spectacular, but it was a nice compliment!

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I arrived at work with my hair down the other day and a colleague spoke to me in the bathroom how it fascinated her to watch me put my hair up in a bun, and she complimented me on how healthy & shiny it looks
    So that was nice.

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My husband's friend complimented my hair the other day, telling me that it was looking much longer and that he thought it was pretty.. It made my day
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    I've been growing out hennaed hair so have some frustration with it because my virgin hair is silver and grey. In my frustration my DH turns to me and says, " your hair looks better on a bad hair day than most people's looks on a good hair day." And even though I know it's not true I thought it was the sweetest hair compliment I've ever received.
    My guy can be so sweet :
    So sweet and I'm sure it's true too! We are always our own biggest critics.

One "hair compliment" I had was when a coworker called me over one day at work. He was having a conversation with a few people from a different department about hair and wanted them to see how long mine was. Maybe not a direct compliment, but I thought it was neat to be the resident ogle-worthy hair lady in my department.

I also get a lot of the "my hair used to be as healthy/long as yours" or alternately "my hair won't ever be as healthy/long as yours" comments from strangers. I don't give advice unless people ask but I mostly get these from people who have clearly put their locks through the ringer with dye, bleach, and heat styling. Gotta be good to your hair for it to be good back!
    1b/1c F ii

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I got few compliments of my updo today. I had done a combination of edwardian twists and Arctic's Braid, and it did look nice to my own eye too.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    APL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I mostly get the "OMG, your hair has gotten so long!" comment, which mostly is meant to be a comment. And some of friends often says that my hair feels soft and looks super thick (which is not really true, but my waves gives freshly washed hair volume). But this week a friend of mine said: "The lion's mane is out!" When I took down my cinnabun in class. I decided to take it as a compliment.

Oh, and two of my classmates commented that my new, brown claw clips looked nice with my 'blonette' hair color.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I get a lot of compliments on my hair texture, sometimes multiple compliments a day if I'm out running a few errands! It's actually really helped me grow to like my own hair texture.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Not a fan of labels. missblueeyes's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I got a really nice compliment from a friend the other day. She introduced me to a friend of hers by saying "that's the girl with the beautiful, long hair".
    Chin | APL | BSL | Waist | Hip | BCL | TBL