Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Tangled

Length
    ear/chin/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Lightbulb Let's talk about Tangled

Does anyone else think that in real life, Rapunzel would have suffered from trauma and anxiety from her hair getting cut like that? Her hair was her life, and she used it to comfort herself (in Mother knows best, you can see her hiding in it.).

Going from insanely long to super short would be traumatic, imo. (I guess that's why it's Disney!)

Thoughts?
    Shoulder BSL Waist Hip TB Classic

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Let's talk about Tangled

Honestly, with all of the trauma she went trough in a matter of hours, I think she should have gone into shock. I mean, from her near kidnapping, to Flynn's 'betrayal', to her mother enslaving her, to the haircut, to the death and healing of Flynn, to meeting parents she never knew and accepting the responsibility of princess, well, I think she would be experiencing all sorts of anxiety.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I would guess that through the haircut and her hair turning brown, they were trying to show that Flynn loves her for herself, not just her hair (like her manipulative 'mother) but I found the haircut to be a very traumatic part of the movie and not really necessary.
    They changed the original story so much that I don't think of it as really being Rapunzel (where her haircut was very traumatic and the witch then used her cut off hair to trap the Prince and blind him).
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Nope. Happens all the time on makeover shows. Most don't cry.

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

The most contributing factor would be that her hair, once cut, can't grow anymore, or at least that's how it seems. Since she used it for a tool, she might be reaching for it occasionally when it isn't there, kind of like a "ghost feeling" of a missing limb. Since since she had always had long hair, and didn't put the beauty effort into growing it like we do, I think it would mainly be getting used to missing something you've had your entire life, not missing a cosmetic thing.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

No. Her hair was never cut because her "mother" never allowed it. Long hair was not her choice.

Plus, she's fictional. There is that.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I've always loved that movie, but don't like the ending much.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

When I watched it, I thought 'Why on Earth did he chop her hair so short? He could leave it at waist and it'd still be unactive in terms of magic.."
    Anyway, I don't think so, she found love, went back to her family, found out life was entirely different, so I say go with change all the way! She finally found happiness, so hair was probably not a problem.

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

It's just hair, even if it glows. Personally I bet she was super relieved to be freed of the burden of what must be a zillion pounds of hair.

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.

I found that scene of the movie quite problematic. I really wish they had shown her cutting her own hair, then I think it would've come across as her empowering choice to be free etc, rather than as a traumatic thing for Flynn to do to her.

Currently at hip ~ Trimming out layers and damage ~ Growing until my braid tassle tickles my pony's back when riding.