Thread: Pay it Forward Swap

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Pay it Forward Swap

Summation of my intent for this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Quasiquixotic View Post
    Oh wow. Okay. I haven't read everything here. I just got home from 3 weeks away and have some fires to put out irl. I apologize for not reading everyone's thoughts on this before I give my own. I promise I will at some point and if you sway my opinion, I will let you all know. And I don't think you MUST agree with me and my thoughts on this matter. We can discuss this in public or private for as long as needed.

It is my belief that gifts are gifts. Once given it's yours. Would I be sad to see something I've given sold or profited on? No, my assumption is that if my giftee is selling the item, rather than offering it for swap again, it's because they need the money. Maybe they really "need" it to eat or maybe they "need" it to buy something else they like more. In the end, it doesn't matter why, just that it is theirs and they believe what they are doing what is the best for them and everyone at the moment. I am comfortable with that. And a gift is a gift wether it's a ficcare or the $54 dollars it took to buy it. The generosity on my part isn't diminished because the giftee changed the form of my gift.

I also believe people will rise the occasion. Speaking to the scenario discussed here not all people (or any specific person) in this thread: I don't think my gift will change a life or make a greedy person less greedy, in the moment, but I do think it plants a seed of generosity. I have no control on when it gets watered, but I have faith it will. That is why this is a pay it forward gifting. The gift is not a reflection on the person receiving it, or about what they do with it. It is a reflection of the thanks and appreciation of the person giving it. My spirituality leads me to believe that everyone will feel a wellspring of thankfulness at some point in their life. Not at the same time as me, not for the same reasons as me and not in the same way. It's not my place to judge their spirit of giving at this point on their path. But rather to focus on my own path and the lessons I need to learn, having faith they will as well, specifically if I can't see it happening.

I just jumped into the philosophical deep end. Sorry, it's early and I've had coffee already. If anything I've written offends or takes anyone aback, please choose not to be offended. I am speaking about me and people in general. And I am not trying to offend.

Love and cheese

Quasi
    ETA2: Rules

1. This is a GIFT swap, shared in a generous spirit. Please keep that in mind. Nothing is being "Sold" or "Traded." Please act within the spirit of this thread. If you aren't okay giving something and not getting anything in return (worst case and rare) then you shouldn't offer it.

2. To claim an offered item you must post ONE item. Posting a purchase listing, description and/or a photo qualify. If you can't post a photo right away please do so as soon as possible. Maybe have a photo of an item you want to offer ready to post. After you post in the thread, pm the person offering the item you want with your address and arrange shipping.

*Mods have ruled: self crafted items are allowed, but don't use this thread to revamp your whole collection - either homemade or professional. Mod post

3. Shipping: Please offer your items with worldwide shipping. If you can not cover the cost of worldwide shipping, it is okay to ask for the gifted to cover (or split) reasonable shipping costs *MUST be stated in your offering*. If you need help filling out customs forms, please ask in a post. There are many members ready and willing to help. International shipping does not come with tracking or insurance, if you want or need those on your shipment, it is the giftee's responsibility to ask and PAY for them when they pm their address.

4. Giftee, this is a gift and the sender is not responsible for items lost or broken in shipping. If you don't receive your gift, please post it here and *maybe* you will get an angel gifter. No guarantee. The same goes if you feel cheated by your gift giver. I have no way of holding them accountable other than what is posted here.

5. Once your item has been claimed, please edit your post to reflect this. This will help us all understand what item is currently offered.

6. Please only one offering at a time. If someone has claimed an item and we are waiting on a photo or further description, please wait until they have posted it. If two people cross post, the second poster should remove their offer.

7. This swap assumes we are all adult honorable people. Don't make me jaded...

8. Please link to the post number of the current offer at the end of your post to help help with confusion.

Thank you!!

Link to action shot thread for this swap: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...68#post2765968

Hi friends!

I'm so thrilled with what I've been able to collect recently that I had this idea to pay it forward.

So have you heard of the stories where someone goes through a drive through and pays for their order and the person behind them? I wanna try that with hair toys. What do you think?

I have a toy that isn't getting the love it deserves. If you would like it, I ask that you pick a toy from your stash to pass along to the next person. Post a photo or link of it here, how you want to handle shipping costs and how the next person should contact you. Than them pm your address to the person offering the toy.

Your toy doesn't have to match mine (or the pervious person's) in value, it just should be something under loved that someone else would love. There is no limit to how many times you play, as long as you post a toy each time.

I'm not policing this thread, this is an on your honor situation. Each toy offered should be considered a gift to the person down the thread.

[ETA: please edit your post when your item is gifted so the current offer is easy to recognize. Thanks! ]

Here goes, let's see how long we can go for...

GIFTED I have this wood art jewelry 2 prong fork, free shipping to the us, international we'll split shipping costs.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/201005659
    Last edited by Quasiquixotic; October 24th, 2014 at 09:36 AM.
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter

Length
    1-4"/1-4"/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Pay it Forward Swap

What a great idea! The fork above is from one of the etsy sellers I've wanted to "try out", and I have a few things that I have outgrown that I would be happy to pass on to others.

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Awesome! I love win win situations

Type
    1b/F/i

This is an awesome idea! I can't wait to see how it works. Wouldn't it be great if it went on and on!
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I am going through my unloved toys and will post soon. What a great idea!
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    APL/Hip+/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Lovely idea! I will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.
    Currently at: 34,5" ~ Forever trimming away thin ends ~ Next Goal: 35" BCL
    Hennahead | SLS & 'Cone Free | Grainiac

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I just had a thought. What if the item was a secret item and would only be revealed after the swap?
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Stormynights View Post
    I just had a thought. What if the item was a secret item and would only be revealed after the swap?
    That might not work for everybody; for example, there is no way I could use a large Ficcare but a lot of folks here couldn't use a small one. I kind of like the idea of finding something you like and paying forward with an item you don't love but someone else might. Just a thought.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    Chin/Waist/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Sadly, I'm not sure that will work. We used to do a similar thing in box form apparently and with nobody accountable, it started to get full of cheapo toys, metal hair ties, plastic sticks and so on

Anyway, I have some stuff to pass on so I'll be stalking!
    Maintaining at tailbone - Henna head - Recently reunited with cones - Forever destashing - Kitten enthusiast

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I love the thought behind this but i worry the others are right. However there is nothing to stop you from adding more to the package than what is posted here...