View Poll Results: How do you dry your curly/wavy hair?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • air dry down after combing/brushing

26 24.53%
  • air dry without combing/brushing

59 55.66%
  • blowdry

5 4.72%
  • damp bun or braid

16 15.09%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

Default Re: How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

I airdry in the evening with leave in and argan oil. I also flip/move my hair a lot because if I don't, it dries into hard clumpy curls that I don't like. Sometimes I damp braid for a looser wave pattern and less frizz. Tresemme Naturals conditioner makes my hair so soft and leaves it with no tangles so I don't need to comb wet. I do a lot of headbanging because it separates my curls and makes my hair dry faster.

^^^ I think I'm going to try headbanging some more, sounds like it would do a lot to dry the curls in a more interesting way

Usually though, after rinsing co-wash/conditioner out of my hair with cold water in the shower, I let it airdry. When it's dryer I might dab on a little bit of teatree oil onto my scalp 'cause it gets pretty flaky if I don't

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I usually damp braid it, sometimes after letting it air-dry a bit first. It depends how impatient I am to get my hair out of the way. Unfortunately, since hitting classic length it's become a real pain letting it air dry for any length of time. I end up sitting on the ends far too much.

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Plop it in a microfiber towel after scrunching with Freya Panacea and Curls in a Bottle and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then I take it down and let it air dry. Once it's dry I use a blow dryer on low at the roots to give some lift at the crown; otherwise, I end up really flat on top and fluffy at the bottom and it looks weird. If it frizzes, I just rub some argan oil in it and that fixes the frizz.
    pixie to waist 10/13...chopped to chin 01/14...reached waist 09/17...chopped to APL 04/18...

I used to let it air dry 8 hours. (soaking wet to dry hair)

Now, after I wash my hair, I let it dry in a microfiber towel for 1 - 2 hours.
    Then I put produtcs in my hair and let it air dry 3 - 4 hours and it's finished.

I selected "air dry without combing/brushing," which is mostly true, but there are variations. I finger-comb when I oil my hair (which I don't always do -- too lazy sometimes ), so I guess that sort of counts as combing. Also, if I'm doing anything that keeps me moving around rather than just sitting and reading or whatever, it starts to annoy me when it's about half-dry, so then I put it in a braid.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyGrace View Post
    ^^^ I think I'm going to try headbanging some more, sounds like it would do a lot to dry the curls in a more interesting way

Usually though, after rinsing co-wash/conditioner out of my hair with cold water in the shower, I let it airdry. When it's dryer I might dab on a little bit of teatree oil onto my scalp 'cause it gets pretty flaky if I don't
    Ah yes, headbanging makes my hair more... Wavy and voluminous. Less curly, sort of.

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

I have no choice. Either I let my hair air dry in braids or I let all of the detangling that I just did in the shower go to complete hell.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

I wash my hair in braids/plaits and if it's midweek and I have 16 of them I'll pat dry with an old t-shirt a bit then oil the leave to air dry. At weekends after oiling it I'll undo the braids/plaits, gently finger detangle and redo the braids/plaits or style my hair another way. My tight curls do not detangle well when dry and it's the same with styling. I get less damage detangling wet. I also need the braids/plaits to stretch the curls out a bit so oils get distributed better and keep the hair properly moisturised and reduce single strand knots occurring. Sometimes I detangle whilst soaking in the bath.

Comb through the tangles, twist it in a towel for 20 minutes and then run a tiny bit of Nightblooming's Panacea Salve in it.