Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of waiting for my hair to grow

Default Tired of waiting for my hair to grow

I'm getting impatient with my hair, I was so close to waist and have ended up going back to bsl cause my hair needed shaping, it took me 7 months to go from just above bsl to 3" above waist and although I love the cut and my hair feels much better I really miss that bit of length I've lost. What can I do to avoid needing to get it cut too often and stop obsessing over length.
    What does everyone do when they get tired of waiting to reach goal length?

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Tired of waiting for my hair to grow

I deep condition, I use pre-poo hair masks, I try new styles and new braids...all kinds of things!

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I practice benign neglect to keep me from worrying about it.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    24.4/26.4/29.1
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have the same thing! I'm trying the inversion method, today is day 1.

Length
    buzz/CL/CL+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Put it up and forget about it. I have not gotten a haircut in ~three years, thanks to updos (and judicious S&D). Don't take pictures, don't measure. Just put it up. One day you'll take it down and you will have reached your goal length without even realizing it.

I am in the same boat so I don't have much advice for you. When am I going to learn that if I want my hair to grow I need to stop cutting it. If it makes you feel any better at least you aren't SL like me! I would love to have bsl . I am sure your hair looks amazing. For me I am going to try wearing my hair up in different ways , I think having it down only makes me obsess about it. I say try to change one thing in your routine maybe that would help? You can't keep doing the same things with your hair expecting a different result

I need to look up this inversion method I keep hearing about!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I think waiting for hair to grow is one of the worst things one can do to one's sanity, since it's such a long-term project.
    I agree with everyone else: benign neglect, putting it up and forgetting it, experimenting with new deep treatments and styles when I get bored with it are pretty helpful on this looooong road.

Length
    18/47/53
    Type
    1a/F/ii

The best thing you can do is wear it up...all day and night. I've worn my hair in a bun for a few years now and it has helped tremendously. The only time it's down is when I wash and air dry it. I wear the bun on top of my head, it's easy to sleep with the bun resting on the satin pillowcase..

You'll only have to detangle once or twice a day with a wide tooth comb which saves you a lot of damage. Experimenting with different oils and conditioners might be a good idea. Maybe try a deep conditioning treatment every week or so.

I stopped checking the length because every time I did, I hated it. You're not alone in your frustration!
    There is no dark side of the moon, really.
    Matter of fact, it's all dark. ~ Pink Floyd

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I usually distract myself by buying a new hair-toy (that is perfect for my current length), stalking my favourite etsy shops, plan custom orders etc. Or I just immerse myself in real life and allow myself to become busy with all things non hair related

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I would also recommend either benign neglect, or learning some new styles. If you really enjoy styling, maybe challenge yourself to try to do a different braid, bun, or updo every day for a week. I've done that a few time to help with hair boredom and it can be a lot of fun.
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.