Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Toy Graveyard - Blame Hulk Hair or Just Cry With Us, photos appreciated

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

Default Re: Nooooo.... (Broken hairtoys: come cry with me)

They were both off Etsy, the stick is by ScarlettandMaria, who still have an active shop, but I don't think they do wooden sticks any more, and the fork was by a shop called BBJUB that's no longer around... I think I'm going to start paying attention to ScarlettandMaria, just on the off chance that they do something similar again.

Length
    23/31/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sumidha View Post
    They were both off Etsy, the stick is by ScarlettandMaria, who still have an active shop, but I don't think they do wooden sticks any more, and the fork was by a shop called BBJUB that's no longer around... I think I'm going to start paying attention to ScarlettandMaria, just on the off chance that they do something similar again.
    Sorry that you lost your pretties
    Have you looked at MountainMusings on Etsy? She does kanzashi......and customs.

Length
    32.5/41/hmmmm
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Yeah, this is the thread I hate!!!!
    and sadly I have yet another contribution to this thread: today I broke my one and only Jeter fork, a 4p Pink Ivory one..... I will take a photo tomorrow, I don't know if it can be salvaged....

on another note, I am of course sorry for the rest of you girls who lost or broke your pretty hair toys but I am so upset that I just can't find nice words to say right now... just sorry for everybody's losses

Length
    12/28/32
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by sumidha View Post
    I think I'm going to start paying attention to ScarlettandMaria, just on the off chance that they do something similar again.
    Why not write to them, tell your sad tale, and enclose a photo? I'm sure anyone would sympathise with the loss of a loved hair toy, especially if it was their own! Maybe you'll get lucky

Length
    12/28/32
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Oh poor Adiro that's miserable news. And the breaking noise resonates too. I hope it's repairable.

Length
    <3in/Chin?/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh Adiro I would definitely have a go with wood glue & then sand the join if it's not perfect. Fixed my brontosaurus fork like that, I just have to be gentle with it now.

Length
    32.5/41/hmmmm
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Yay, ladies, thank you, that's good news!
    I am wondering if I could use the regular Super Glue, the one that comes in a tiny tube, it's the only one Ihave in the house. ..... I was thinking to order that ZapAGap thing that I read somewhere that Nightshade (?) not really sure actually if it was her, but a member here used....

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
    Why not write to them, tell your sad tale, and enclose a photo? I'm sure anyone would sympathise with the loss of a loved hair toy, especially if it was their own! Maybe you'll get lucky
    I might just do that, when I have a little extra cash to throw towards hair toys.

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Last night as I was putting my hair up in my sleep bun, which is secured by an octopus clip, my poor octi lost a couple of arms.

Soooo, I'm kind of sad about the clip, even though it's a cheap drugstore thing, but I love it and it's reliable for just throwing my hair up. I was aware that I should, and have been, using 2 of them to put my hair up at night, but was lazy and didn't want to go find the second one.

I'm also kind of happy that my hair has graduated to toykiller status, even if it's not on the same level as killing grahtoes, wood forks and sticks, oh my.

Also, kudos to the person who wrote the eulogy for their stick. I had tears in my eyes.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    <3in/Chin?/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Aww, poor octopus. Or hexapus now perhaps.
    But welcome to the club