Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Carys-Kitteh's Servant AZDesertRose's Avatar
    Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Thank you, vpatt!
    Not quite APL -> APL -> BSL -> Mid-Back with compact-cut layers and holding a while-> ???

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Do you all recommend the flexi 8 hair clips? I can't find a recent thread on them. I finally decided to order from them and which size to try and the site would not take my order. Sigh, lol. I will try calling them tomorrow. Are the Ficcares worth the money? That seems so expensive. But I know it is a waste to buy cheaper products if they don't work or last.

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I got a fi care knockoff at Ulta for $10 and it works great. I didn't want to spend a fortune without trying one out in case I did not like it. So far, so good, but I will definitely need a bigger size as my hair gets longer. I'll invest the money on the real thing once I have some real length.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I guess that is how I feel. So much money when my hair is still short, lol. But then part of wants to be prepared for that day when I can really use one. But given the growth rate of hair I don't think it could really sneak up on me.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Here's some links to my contributions:

The Braid Edition
    The Bun and Updo Edition
    The "Other Styles" Edition

Tutorial for braided updo (can be found from above link too, but this takes to a thread I started).

These are all styles that work on my hair stats at shoulder-collabone-and then some area, but some will work at almost any length, and for those with thicker hair, thise might work around APL area.

I hope to still add new styles there, I have just been so super tied up lately. But I might be staying at this length a long time, so... These ideas I've made and photographed, are only a tip of an iceberg of possibilities, especially when variations are counted too. Adding accessories, styling the front differently, curling... will all change how the styles will look too.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    Do you all recommend the flexi 8 hair clips? I can't find a recent thread on them. I finally decided to order from them and which size to try and the site would not take my order. Sigh, lol. I will try calling them tomorrow. Are the Ficcares worth the money? That seems so expensive. But I know it is a waste to buy cheaper products if they don't work or last.
    I really like my ficcare! It does take some practice but it is great for putting up in a twist or roll!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Here's some links to my contributions:

The Braid Edition
    The Bun and Updo Edition
    The "Other Styles" Edition

Tutorial for braided updo (can be found from above link too, but this takes to a thread I started).

These are all styles that work on my hair stats at shoulder-collabone-and then some area, but some will work at almost any length, and for those with thicker hair, thise might work around APL area.

I hope to still add new styles there, I have just been so super tied up lately. But I might be staying at this length a long time, so... These ideas I've made and photographed, are only a tip of an iceberg of possibilities, especially when variations are counted too. Adding accessories, styling the front differently, curling... will all change how the styles will look too.
    Thank you!
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

My hair is between APL & BSL, 25.5" or so but iii thickness.

For just getting my hair up solidly, my two go-to styles are--

Lie Bun (I think):

Faux Figure 8:

(This is so simple but it has become my go-to... and since I inadvertently taught myself how to make it without looking in a mirror while I was making a short tutorial video for it, I can re-do it easily at work! )

When I'm feeling braids, a Dutch braid is now my default, which is funny, since it plagued me for ages to figure it out. (Trick was apparently to stop looking in a mirror. Even now that I've got it down solid, they turn out nicer when I don't look.)

For something fancier--
    Twin French braids, bunned:
    Last edited by -Fern; June 28th, 2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by -Fern View Post

Lie Bun (I think):

Faux Figure 8:

(This is so simple but it has become my go-to... and since I inadvertently taught myself how to make it without looking in a mirror while I was making a short tutorial video for it, I can re-do it easily at work! )

When I'm feeling braids, a Dutch braid is now my default, which is funny, since it plagued me for ages to figure it out. (Trick was apparently to stop looking in a mirror. Even now that I've got it down solid, they turn out nicer when I don't look.)

For something fancier--
    Gorgeous thickness!
    Can I ask what size ficcare is that? I want to get one, but am scared to order too small.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by -Fern View Post

Lie Bun (I think):

Faux Figure 8:

For something fancier--
    You are very skilled! Nice styles and beautiful hair! I like dutch braid the most too, it just looks so cool in a way I never seem to get tired of!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklylady82 View Post
    Thank you!
    No problems, had I known about this thread earlier, I'd shared my styles earlier.

I don't like to post my photos on the main forums in general, so here a link to my latest hairstyle I posted in my blog, The Starburst bun: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=122416 I haven't yet honed my skills to perfection with this style (if that's even possible), but I've gotten so much better doing this style I feel confident posting photos of it already.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    3/9.5/30
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I posted this on the Bun picture thread but thought I would share here too as my hair is just past shoulder. Proper sticks are just too long for me at the moment so I bought an old lace bobbin in an antique shop

And managed a teeny, weeny messy Chinese bun! Really proud of it though!

I can do a Cinnabun now too. Love my little bobbin!