Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Manic panic over henna? Show me your photos please :)

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Manic panic over henna? Show me your photos please :)

I'm planning to amp up my henna with some manic panic (or similar) for a cosplay event next year, and being the forward planner I am, I want to pick my colour now

So, if you have any photos of your hennaed, or naturally auburn hair, beefed up with manic panic, directions, or anything deposit only (I won't be using box dye, at all), please share them with me. If you can tell me the colour you used and how you applied etc too, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks!!

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Manic panic over henna? Show me your photos please :)

I am sooo eager to see pics on this thread. Kittybirds came out so lovely it has me really wanting to see others effects.
    I would also like to add I would be curious for any poster to also mention if it faded completely and how long it took to fade to the point it was no longer noticeable.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    28/40/42
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Oooh excellent thread idea! I was searching the forum for experiences with this and couldn't find anything too recent.

ETA: Apart from, of course, Kittybird's amazing hair!
    MBL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL - Classic

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Special effects napalm orange over henna

Hot hot pink manic panic over henna

Further hennas 'eat' the semis out of my hair (but I've also heard of them locking it in) so after my last henna I'm currently just regular henna color HTH

eta sorry for huge/misaligned pic

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    I am sooo eager to see pics on this thread. Kittybirds came out so lovely it has me really wanting to see others effects.
    I would also like to add I would be curious for any poster to also mention if it faded completely and how long it took to fade to the point it was no longer noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katlette View Post
    Oooh excellent thread idea! I was searching the forum for experiences with this and couldn't find anything too recent.

ETA: Apart from, of course, Kittybird's amazing hair!
    Wow, thank you so much!

I think you've seen my pictures already and my starting colour wasn't auburn, but I'll throw in a few pics here anyway. This is Manic Panic Infra Red and Rock'n Roll Red over hennaed hair. They turned out quite similar on my hair. My natural colour is blonette, and you can see how my hennaed hair looks in my siggy picture. I had a few cm of blonette roots when I dyed, but for some reason there's no demarcation line.

Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

tbonita, and Kittybird, thank you for sharing Both of you got amazing colours with your dyes, it definitely helps with choosing the colour I'll need.

Kitty, have you had time yet to see if it fades out? I'm not planning to keep the colour (in fact, I'm wanting it to fade out, as I don't think work will like it that bright, thankfully the event is during a 3 week holiday, so I'll have time to get it out ), so knowing whether I'll have to help it along, or just wait would be helpful

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I've washed once since I dyed, and it did fade a bit. The shampoo suds were red-pinkish (I use sls shampoo), but it didn't bleed as much as I had anticipated. I have to use pink towels when drying my hair though, because it stains everything when it's wet! The colour is still pretty vibrant and there's no difference between the virgin roots and the hennaed hair. I think it'll probably take at least 3-4 washes before the fading becomes very noticeable.
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm sitting with manic panic wildfire on right now! I was sick of the brownish henna color and needed me a red boost. I'm going to leave on 2 hrs in the hot sun w a cap and scarf.

Ooo, I'm so glad I saw this thread. I was looking at options of making the color I'm looking for a bit more amped than red-orange.

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Check out my album on my profile! I did MP wildfire mixed with a little rock and roll red over my henna since the actual henna didn't seem to do much on my med-dark brown hair. I think it turned out really nice. So far, I've washed once since with the CWC method and it actually hadn't faded much yet. I let it sit under a shower cap for 4 hours.
    Of course, tbonita's hair always turns out gorgeous no matter which color she puts over her henna
    Kittybird, I love how vibrant yours turned out!