Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Manic panic over henna? Show me your photos please :)

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Manic panic over henna? Show me your photos please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Long4Life View Post
    I did it - I used Directions in Plum and left it for 2 hours.

This is outside

and this is inside

OH, THIS IS SOSO PRETTY! I love your bangs as well! Wish I could pull of that look. I'm to much of a chicken to do anything with my boring dark blonde color, other than highlighting it once a year and spend the rest of the year complaining how boring I look.

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HairPlease View Post
    It looks really nice, I'm glad it turned out so well for you!

I'm considering dumping some MP Vampire Red over my pure-henna hair to get a more dramatic, unnatural effect, at least for a little while. I like the natural shade, though, so I hope it fades easily.
    Thanks! Sorry I didn't see the reply sooner. It only lasted a couple of weeks on me, faded through to a less dramatic burgundy by about day 10.

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by riphair View Post
    OH, THIS IS SOSO PRETTY! I love your bangs as well! Wish I could pull of that look. I'm to much of a chicken to do anything with my boring dark blonde color, other than highlighting it once a year and spend the rest of the year complaining how boring I look.
    Thank you, don't be chicken. It didn't last long on mine, may last longer on the highlights. There's a forum about colouring hair where they talk a lot about these dyes. Beeunique I think it's called. You might be some more info about how long it will last

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

So I could use some opinions. I've been thinking of doing MP purple of some kind over my henna. I looove my henna color, I just kinda wanna do something fun for a few weeks. But I've heard purple can go kinda bad and get muddy and gross over red. So I was just wondering if there was a way to avoid this, like should I go for more of a purply deep red, or a bluer purple, or skip it entirely? I'm looking for as fun and vibrant as I can get without bleach.

Also, on hair that's had several henna applications, but no chemical coloring, would it fade pretty fast? I don't want to be stuck with it forever, or to have a horrible fade-out time. I know these are YMMV answers, so I'm just looking for general tips. I'm doing grad school exams and they are kind of making me feel like garbage, so I want to do something fun. But I love my red so much I don't wanna jeopardize it.

Here are some pics to give you an idea of my current color:

His name is Hiccup and he is proof that chameleons make the best hair toys. by katia kay, on Flickr
    Don't mind the lizard...this is one of the only photos I have of my hair down.

Picture of the Hibiscus Sea flexi and the weird squishy bun. by katia kay, on Flickr

And it's up here, but more recently henna'd.

So, thoughts? I'm working blind here...literally. So I try to farm as much opinion from experienced folks as possible. Also srry if the pics are huge I'm new to flickr.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    2/12/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Gorgeous reds

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I used a blue based purple over my henna and it went nearly black, you could only see purple in the sun. Of course it hung on too, took about 2 month to fade away and I wash every day or two. My biggest word of advice, do a strand test and I would go with a red based purple.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I ended up going more magenta instead, Directions Dark Tulip. Turned out really well. Was too scared to attempt the purple in the end.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

oh my goodness Katia K that lizard on your head threw me for a second but i Love him!!!

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Veganmayhem View Post
    oh my goodness Katia K that lizard on your head threw me for a second but i Love him!!!
    Haha thanks! He's my roomy's chameleon. Our first meeting he decided I made an acceptable tree and proceeded to do his best Tangled impression.
    "All things strive."