Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else still using Yemen 2006?

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Anybody else still using Yemen 2006?

I've still got some left from back then - and rather than waste it, I've put it to release with a little Amla for use tomorrow night.

I remember that a full head coverage gave a very rich coolish red when it was fresh - just over a year ago.

Who else is still using the 2006 batch?

Anyone using the 2007 batch?

What do you think of this particular henna - and any opinions on how the two different crops compare?

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Anybody else still using Yemen 2006?

The Yemen was a little too bright for my nasty little white roots. I think it is a beautiful color, but not for me, at least not now.

I just tried the 2007 Monsoon Rajasthani yesterday and I got the most beautiful, deep burgundy copper stain on my roots. No orange at all. I am totally in love with it and will buy a kilo very soon. The color of the powder is lighter and the dye released mud is a lighter brown. Almost looked like milk chocolate, but more reddish. It was creamy smooth and very easy to apply.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    The Yemen was a little too bright for my nasty little white roots. I think it is a beautiful color, but not for me, at least not now.

I just tried the 2007 Monsoon Rajasthani yesterday and I got the most beautiful, deep burgundy copper stain on my roots. No orange at all. I am totally in love with it and will buy a kilo very soon. The color of the powder is lighter and the dye released mud is a lighter brown. Almost looked like milk chocolate, but more reddish. It was creamy smooth and very easy to apply.

Well, I've prepared this Yemen, so I may as well put it on now...

I didn't find my Raj.2007 gave me darker red roots? What is your recipe and how long did you leave it on for?

If you can encourage me sufficiently - I may use it next time (I still have a bag and a half!).

I'm really glad you're pleased with the result you got!!

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I went back to using lemon juice for my liquid, and that made all the difference. I just mixed the henna with some water, and then decided to add half lemon juice and then popped it into the freezer. One of my fingers it still stained with this henna and I do shower and do dishes. I love the color and it is even better now that it has oxidized.

The Yemen is a beautiful red and I might use it again in the future. I have to get my roots grown out more first. Otherwise I look like my roots on on fire.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Thanks Copperhead.

One more question. Would you say that the Raj.2007 stains grey hair darker than the Yemen would? I've got quite vivid red roots today (used Yemen yesterday) but in no way are they the dark copper/burgundy you say you got with the Raj.

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I think the 2007 Raj stained less vivid red and more copper. I have been doing my roots every two weeks, so they are getting darker each time. I have come to the conclusioin that I will have to keep doing them this often to keep them a deeper color. There is definately a purpley tinge to the copper which I really like.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    I think the 2007 Raj stained less vivid red and more copper. I have been doing my roots every two weeks, so they are getting darker each time. I have come to the conclusioin that I will have to keep doing them this often to keep them a deeper color. There is definately a purpley tinge to the copper which I really like.
    So the roots really are darkening with each application of the Raj?

When I tried this with the Yemen, I never got past a lurid tomato red!

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I think they are getting darker. They will never be the same color as the rest of my hair, but they blend in very nicely. I had dyed my hair a medium burgundy brown before I started to use the Raj henna again. That seemed to make a big difference. I wasn't as dark as it was before.

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I've been using 2006 Rajasthani and it stains just as well as it did when I got it

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlily View Post
    I've been using 2006 Rajasthani and it stains just as well as it did when I got it
    What base color is the Raj. 2006 going over kimberlily?

I assume that's the result you have in your lovely profile pic.!

It looks quite burgundy on my screen..