Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not sure about the dye release of my henna

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Re: Not sure about the dye release of my henna

Wow both colors are lovely! I absolutely adore the results with napalm orange the brown color is so rich and pretty on you!
    What do you do for your vinegar rinse? Do you my ACV with water? I do the same in the kitchen sink too, way too cold to rinse with freezing water in the shower! Lol I don't blame ya for not having a color schedule, you never know how much time you got I just left mine in for 4 hours and it turned out really nice. Darker red auburn in regular light and a pretty red orange on the ends In the sunlight.
    Sounds confusing when some people have the henna lock in their color and then yours goes away! Very odd! But that's really good for when you want to put a different color on.
    Your hair looks super shiny and healthy and thick! You're so lucky. I bet it will grow super fast too!
    I've never used imgur before, I'm so behind the times. Let me see if I can figure out the picture thing. Lol

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Awe thanks!! I do use a little ACV in some water. I never measure! Less than half ACV definitely. I think it really helps the color hold. Thanks so much for the hair compliments I sure hope it starts growing. What's funny is that it's totally ravaged and damaged by bleach at the ends (hence the pixie ha!) but henna, oils, etc are making it like virgin hair again! It's miraculous what henna does to my hair. It does feel dry until first shampoo. Which unless you're using indigo I understand you can shampoo it out you don't have to wait. That should help w softness, and a deep moisture treatment. Now the darn imgur site is saying I have no photos on it that I just uploaded.. Grr can't take this photo thing good luck- cuz I wana see how your manic panic turned out!

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Well that didn't work. LOL I uploaded two pics to imgur after creating an account and I just can't figure the dang thing out.
    I'm going to try the ACV thing, looks like it works! I had no idea your hair wasn't virgin! It looks so strong and healthy! The henna and oils are certainly doing their job at making your hair look great. I didn't know that shampoo helps to soften it up. Do you use the sulfate free kind?
    That imgur is crazy! I tried just getting on to the site yesterday and I couldn't eve get onto it at all. Does it normally have so many issues? How do you share your album with someone on there? I can send you my link

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Oops double post
    Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyz; May 19th, 2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Double post

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I do think imgur has issues. I do not know why I chose that one! There are more user-friendly ones out there but I can't think of any. After I created my account to show you the pix, I went back and first it deleted them all, then I went back later and it had like triples of each picture!!! Wth!? But I know you have to use the one link that starts w (img) or something like that to make the actual picture appear, it was called the bb code on the drop down menu when you open the photo. IF you can get it to work!! Ha! I'm sitting with wildfire on right now for 2 hours in the sun. I'm hoping for a deep dark red

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Here's wildfire over the brownier henna... Looks dark indoors and this is in the sun:

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Omg this imgur site is ridiculous. Lol I don't have any drop down menu, but I set my album to public so I think you can see it now from this link? http://kaleidoscopeeyez.imgur.com/all/
    Ooooooh that wildfire sure made a pretty auburn! I like it a lot! you have sun over there right now?? Lucky! My mom is back home in Brooklyn right now, I forgot to ask her if the weather was good there today. Over here it's cold and rainy. No sun.

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Thanks Beautiful day on the east coast!! Sure enough I burned wearing SPF 50... Haha anyway I couldn't see the album! It said your name but then 'no albums'. I'm sorry I forgot to mention I do all my online stuff on my phone so this was the mobile site I'm referring to that had the drop down w the image. U could pick like, link, direct link, 'bb code' (whatever the heck that is but ding ding ding that was the winner! Haha). Flickr is another image site. The husband just told me. I think I once had an account on there too..??.?? I'm really tech savvy

Length
    Chin/SL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

so lucky! Although I did just speak to my mother and she said it's raining in ny now too. Oh boy, you burn as easily as I do! We need to invest in some giant floppy hats or something! LOL I just checked too and my album disappeared! What the heck! I was on the mobile site too since I'm on the ipad and it automatically went to that one. Flickr eh? You're more tech savy than me! the easiest thing I can think of is just sending the pics through regular email. Lol