Thread: Who else loooooooves grapeseed oil?

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Wink Who else loooooooves grapeseed oil?

I've been using it as a leave in and it seems to be doing a good job of hydrating my hair. I, however, want to know how else you LHCers use grapeseed oil, and how often, and do you mix it with other oils, etc. Comparison time! Yeah I'm crazy... Sorry about that. Anywho, I'd like to see what other grapeseed oil users do with their grapeseed oils.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Who else loooooooves grapeseed oil?

I used to use it a lot. After shower on damp hair over some leave in conditioner. It was really nice. I use bought a cleansing conditioner with grapeseed very high on the ingredient list so I am going to ease back into it. Hemp and grapeseed were favorites for a while although I used separate and not mixed. I had gotten sacred hearing it was drying oil and may be harder to remove but I did have nice hair when using it. I read it is a natural heat protector, even though I am sure that is debatable. I am going to try it again tomorrow and refresh my memory on its effects It seemed o make hair feel strong and shiny.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    bald/MBL/clsc
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I use grape seed oil on my face. It's my favorite moisturizer for delicate skin.

Length
    27/30/35
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Is it a sealing or penetrating oil?

Bra Strap- 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 -Waist - 32 - 33 - 34 - Hip

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lauramuurr View Post
    Is it a sealing or penetrating oil?
    Sealing oil
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    14/34/35
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

I was going to get some grapeseed oil, but then read that it's chemically extracted, and can cause allergies to it if used over a long period of time. Have any of you found this to be the case or is the internet spewing paranoia again?

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by emilia1992 View Post
    I was going to get some grapeseed oil, but then read that it's chemically extracted, and can cause allergies to it if used over a long period of time. Have any of you found this to be the case or is the internet spewing paranoia again?
    With allergies, either you get them or you don't, regardless of what everybody else's experiences may be.

I like grapeseed oil, it gives incredible shine, it's light, but yes, it's a drying oil (the coating can harden, polymerize over time) and when I overused it, I found it to be very hard to remove even in multiple washes.
    I prefer it on skin as it is very light, low on the comedogenic scale and safe to use on any skin type.