Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calia!

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Smile Calia!

Has anyone else heard of Calia Naturals? http://calianatural.com/product-ingredients
    They're a Canadian based company that has all natural ingredients. I first heard about them by watching HolisticHabits' video: http://youtu.be/3P_mgSLNz7g
    Before, you had to email them to order, but now they have an online store! http://calia-natural.myshopify.com/
    I ordered the Balancing Shampoo & Hydrating Conditioner, but they haven't arrived yet. They shipped on March 31st, so hopefully they will come soon!
    Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the company or has used their products?
    (I hope there isn't already a thread on them, I searched and couldn't find one!)

Current:
    43" Goal: 45"
    Starting: MBL l WL l HIP l BCL l TBL l 1st Goal: CLl 2nd Goal: FTL

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Calia!

So it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in this thread lol but JUST IN CASE someone in the future is curious about Calia, I'll continue....I just got my shampoo & conditioner in the mail today! So it took about 10 days to arrive (I live in Iowa, USA). Both the balancing shampoo & hydrating conditioner smell very clean. It smells natural, but not too strong of EOs. Tonight is wash night for me so I will test them out and give my review tomorrow!

Current:

Length
    18/31/48
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm definitely interested. I was giving my Bean a bath tonight and thinking about how I wish I knew of a brand that did a "no-tears" formula that would be more natural and gentle for her baby fine fluff.

I'm excited to hear what you think of the S&C.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

WOW! I just washed my hair with it! My hair (even though it's still wet) feels SO SOFT! & it was a breeze to detangle! It seriously took like 5 seconds! I didn't even need to use any LIC or my detangler! I did have to use more shampoo than I'm used to because, while it lathered good for an all natural shampoo, it didn't lather as much as the shampoo I was using before. But my scalp feels so clean! So far my first impression is that the shampoo, while it doesn't lather as much as traditional shampoo, cleans really good! & the conditioner makes detangling so easy! But of course I will have to wait 'til tomorrow when my hair is dry to supply the final results. I'll see if the shampoo got rid of all the oil I had in my hair as a pre poo & if the conditioner makes my hair smooth, soft, & silky!

Current:

Length
    23/28/37
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I ordered the hydrating shampoo and conditioner, the hydrating leave in conditioner and the moisturizing conditioner. I am officially in love! I can't for the life of me figure out what's in the products that make them so great. The shampoo is sulfate free but still lather (best on oily hair or a second application) and the conditioner make my (very dry, tangle prone) hair so, so silky in the shower. I usually only get that feeling from conditioners containing cetrimonium or behentrimonium chloride. I can't get over the feeling that calia is 1. not being honest about their ingredients or 2. putting rainbow dust, unicorn breath or other magical stuff in their products!
    The only 2 negative things I have to say is that the shampoo makes my scalp greasier a bit faster than sulfate shampoos, and that I have to wait for more than a month for the shipping. (I live in sweden)
    Other than that, calia is without doubt the best natural/organic shampoo and conditioner I've ever used. I'm going to try the balancing set next time, and then I will get the large jugs of whatever set suits my hair the best!

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Just curious if you all are still raving about these products? I also stumbled across HolisticHabits' Youtube video the other day, and thought I'd check here to see if anyone has tried their products, yet. Looks to be a pretty small club we have going, here!
    So, I took advantage of their bundle sale, and the fact that the CAD is so low right now. I ordered both the Hydrating bundle and Balancing bundle. I imagine it should take several weeks before my shipment arrives, but I will be sure to post my reviews on both sets. The bundles included 2 shampoos, 2 conditioners, and a bottle of LIC. I also got some of their EOs because...well...I'm an EO junky. LOL! I hope you all are still having great results from these products! can't wait to give 'em a try

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

So far I've not had good experiences with using essential oils or organic shampoo and conditioners in my hair, but to be fair both of those were or contained lavender oil, which is very drying to the hair. Good for greasy hair I guess, but my hair is very dry. I've had good experiences with orange oil in my jojoba oil to make it smell better. I may check out the website more and see what they have that I could use. Thanks for the liiiiiiiiink. Glad it's working so well for your hair.
    CHIN, SL, APL, BSL, Waist, Hip, TBL, CL.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I had since stopped using Calia because over time I felt that the conditioner was building up and the shampoo wasn't doing that good of a job at cleansing anymore. I MIGHT try it again though.

Current:

Length
    27/30/35
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I wonder what's in the shampoo? By checking the ingredients, it only contains oils and extracts. How does it clean hair? Are they being honest about the ingredients?

Bra Strap- 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 -Waist - 32 - 33 - 34 - Hip

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Enrapture View Post
    I wonder what's in the shampoo? By checking the ingredients, it only contains oils and extracts. How does it clean hair? Are they being honest about the ingredients?
    Saponified Palm Kernel Extract and/or Corn Glucose is what all their shampoos use apart from all the plant extracts and oils. So the shampoos are basically liquid soap (by the way, you can make your own, if you are into this).
    Also, "botanical tree essences as preservatives" in their ingredients lists could be too many things, not very clear labeling at all.
    Be cautious of waxes very high up in all their conditioners: those can build up fast.

(*Caution: somewhat OT rant ahead *
    I'm not a fan of the clever ways this and many other "natural" companies present their ingredients... it's all about emphasizing how these ingredients are derived from plants, but that's taking the focus away from what these ingredients really are. It's like claiming you eat corn when you eat corn syrup.
    I find it quite unfortunate that (supposedly regulated) presentation of ingredients is becoming influenced by marketing tricks these days: I guess that's how manufacturers handle the fact that so many consumers are getting too ingredients-savvy! I see this problem more with "organic" products than mass market ones. I am very forgiving of marketing claims (I don't even bother to read them), but creative ingredients labelling really annoys me, because I think they trick consumers big time! Even Latin names on ingredients lists are much clearer, I wish labeling rules were more consistent and strict. Sorry, for the rant. * End rant * )