Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Length vs Shedding

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Length vs Shedding

Quote Originally Posted by chen bao jun View Post
    My theory is, just like certain breeds of dogs just leave hair all over, certain people do. Unfortunately, I am one of them. You can always tell where I've been because of the giant hairballs. I shed like crazy when my hair is short and now that its long, I'm still shedding just as much, only as some have pointed out, longer hairs. And my hair is so coarse, you can't miss even a single strand (looks like sewing thread, really). I like being married to my husband because he does not complain. I used to clean and clean after myself and roomates always were furious at me because of all the hair all over.
    My mother always says I should be bald, when she sees what normally comes out of my head. But my hair never looks like any less and now with LHC it actually seems to have grown somewhat thicker.
    Anyway, I don't think George Michael knew people like me.
    My dad had the same kind of hair--lots and lots of it, hairballs over all--and he always had a crew cut. And his mother had the same--with hair to her bottom. the length is not the issue. it just kind of gets all over the place all the time, yet regenerates itself on your head somehow, I don't understand it.
    I think you found your hair's superpower! Regeneration.

I'm positive GM didn't take coily hair into account.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    APL/BSL/HL
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

My hair definitely shreds less when it's shorter. It gets less curly/tangled when shorter, too. I was honestly starting to have doubts about keeping my hair at the APL+ length it's currently at until I discovered protective hairstyles last week. Can't imagine why I'd never thought of it before. Took a shower today and combed through my curls with conditioner and a wide-toothed comb, didn't lose nearly as much hair as I have been lately.

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Siowiel View Post
    I see no change. It is empting to think you shed more when the hair gets longer, when in truth, it is the same amount of loose hair, just longer, and making more mess/clogging up brushes/drains/combs faster. One hair from shoulder length - barely noticeable. One hair from tailbone - help, the tangle-monster found me!
    This. I shed the same amount no matter what my length is but drain gets clogged faster when my hair is longer.

When I had a pixie cut, it seemed I shed less as I didn't have a wad of hair in the drain after a shower. I think it was probably the same amount, but shedding is more noticeable on longer hair since the hairs are longer, lol. Or, maybe it would shed less with short hair because short hair may be manipulated less?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I think that when your hair is longer it might seem that more is falling out because the strands that fall out take up more space

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

B.S.
    Poppycock!
    Fiddle-faddle!

GM had some very strange notions.

Account Closed by Member Request

i think i also shed about the same. there are days recently when i barely lose any hair at all but i think thats only temporary and then there ill be days when my shed look like a dead mouse again.

Length
    buzz/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chen bao jun View Post
    My theory is, just like certain breeds of dogs just leave hair all over, certain people do. Unfortunately, I am one of them. You can always tell where I've been because of the giant hairballs. I shed like crazy when my hair is short and now that its long, I'm still shedding just as much, only as some have pointed out, longer hairs. And my hair is so coarse, you can't miss even a single strand (looks like sewing thread, really). I like being married to my husband because he does not complain. I used to clean and clean after myself and roomates always were furious at me because of all the hair all over.
    My mother always says I should be bald, when she sees what normally comes out of my head. But my hair never looks like any less and now with LHC it actually seems to have grown somewhat thicker.
    Anyway, I don't think George Michael knew people like me.
    My dad had the same kind of hair--lots and lots of it, hairballs over all--and he always had a crew cut. And his mother had the same--with hair to her bottom. the length is not the issue. it just kind of gets all over the place all the time, yet regenerates itself on your head somehow, I don't understand it.
    Completely agree with the above... I'm one of those people! I'm pretty sure my partner and coworkers are sick of seeing the trail of hairy destruction I leave in my wake! having really coarse black hair just makes it even easier to spot.

I definitely seem to shed more now that my hair is longer, though I'm hoping that it just looks like more since the strands are longer. It seems like I'm pulling small woodland critters out of my brush every couple of days.
    Buzz~Pixie~Chin~SL~APL~BSL~Waist~TBL

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I don't see a change. The illusion of shedding more is there when hair gets longer.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I didn't notice a change. I do need to clean out my drain again, though.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!