Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The no-poo thread

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default The no-poo thread

I don't think anyone has started one yet. I just discovered that I really like the BS/ACV routine. The first pic in my sig is right after my second time using it, the second is after cassia. I'm going to try going completely poo-free now and am going to keep track of the results.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I'm WO in the winter time - it cuts the static and tangles, and makes my drying time much faster.

I'm a *very* diluted shampoo and conditioner user in summer when I'm out in my garden sweating away!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    I'm WO in the winter time - it cuts the static and tangles, and makes my drying time much faster.

I'm a *very* diluted shampoo and conditioner user in summer when I'm out in my garden sweating away!
    I hadn't thought of that! I'm out in my garden constantly in the summer, we'll see if the BS cleans my hair then!

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

So far I've been CO for 3-4/5 months. I started because of winter making my hair so staticy so I decided it was worth a try and I loved the softness of my hair so I've kept up with it.

I want to try a ACV rinse. I think I might do that tonight actually.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CaityBear View Post
    So far I've been CO for 3-4/5 months. I started because of winter making my hair so staticy so I decided it was worth a try and I loved the softness of my hair so I've kept up with it.

I want to try a ACV rinse. I think I might do that tonight actually.
    When you CO do you put it on your scalp too?

Length
    .25"/??/??
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I've been doing that for the past 6 months now. I'll admit, what appealed to me was the dirt cheap cost and my addiction to vinegar. It's WONDERFUL. Sometimes I miss the nice smelly stuff, but I'm thinking of solving that by unearthing my old love of EOs.

For my super thick hair I tend to make a paste out of the baking soda mixture, massage that into my hair for a few moments, then rinse after I let it sit around for a minute or so. Then I rinse with the typical ACV rinse.

I love it and it's helping on my quest to go all natural when it comes to my beauty care. My only issue now is how to deep condition naturally that doesn't involve tons of oils. I have a hard time removing olive oil WITH shampoo. I don't care to give that a try with baking soda until I have a good week or so when I can be greasy.

I've slipped the past few weeks since I keep forgetting to pick up the supplies, but I hope to send the boy to the store with a list next time including wonderful ACV and baking soda.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I instead use teas to "wash" my hair. I've been poo free for i think 3 weeks now, i do miss the sort of clean scalp feeling so i'm going to do a good shikakai and amla scalp massage soon. I don't really try and massage it through, just so long as the neem sort of disinfects the scalp that's all i care. I leave the oil on, i'm trying to let it reach my ends, it will take a loooong time!
    I was it after work, and maybe one day between. (3-4 times a week) If i didn't work i'd wash it 1-2 times a week. I have an oil scalp. I think i tried the no poo method and after reading how bicarb can damage the hair by constantly putting it in alkaline then acid solutions i stopped. I use it to clarify 2-3 times a year now.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

SassySmurftasticSurvivor momma smurf's Avatar
    Length
    0"/?/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I have been doing CO washes now for about 2 years, with various Suave Natural conditioners... Mountain Stawberry and Vanilla Sugar are my favorites... My scalp and hair both love it... wouldn't change a thing.
    Lady Theleya of the Everbright Spirit in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I'm CO for three or four months. I vinegar rinse but not baking soda. It has really done wonders.

I now realize that I always had oil overproduction that was stimulated by detergent. One month ago I let the stylist shampoo me and my roots were greasy in less than a day.

Length
    25/40/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

lynnala, how exactly are you doing this routine with the BS/ACV? I'm thinking of doing away with poo and am interested. Thanks!
    TammySue