Thread: successfully lightened henna with color oops

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Red face successfully lightened henna with color oops

Wanted to share my success with lightening my hennaed hair with color oops. Before my hair was a very dark auburn, and I didn't like it really. I tried color oops extra strength, left it in for 2 1/2 hours and then rinsed for awhile. My hair is now a significantly lighter color, orange/orange brown. It is a bit orangey in artificial light, which I plan on fixing with either a little henna to even it out, manic panic or something. Best part- no damage. There's no bad ingredients in the color oops and my hair seems even healthier than before. When I first washed the stuff out I thought I might have damaged it some because it felt tangly and stretchy, but after I put my deep conditioning treatment in that completely went away. It almost seems like a henna treatment- my hair very shiny, thick and soft now. So overall, very happy with the results. Sorry I don't have a bunch of pictures.

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

Default Re: successfully lightened henna with color oops

Just wait a few days before you do anything to your hair. From what I read on color oops is that it could darken again after a few days so just dont add henna soon after. Your hair color is lovely right now

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

WOW, that is so cool. Hope you continue to like the results.
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Hi! You said that the Color Oops doesn't have bad stuff in it? I've been thinking of using it but I have to use organic shampoo, etc. or my scalp breaks out. I'm wondering if I could use it? Is it bleach?

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

It has sulfur in it, which isn't damaging. There's no bleach or any other harmful chemicals. I'm not sure if it would make your scalp break out but it's not damaging.

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

Thank you! I think I will try it.

Length
    26/17/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

do you have pictures of this?
    starting over September 2014!
    APL-BSL

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Congrats! I've had similar success in the past. (I've gone from henna to chem more times than I want to admit...). I'm currently into the manic panic over henna thing and love it!