Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dyeing eyebrows with henna

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default dyeing eyebrows with henna

Does anyone dye their eyebrows with henna to match your hennad hair? I've been thinking about doing this to make it look more natural and better but I also wonder if it would look weird. Also does the henna fade out of eyebrows or just grow out?

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

Length
    pixie/hip/eh
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: dyeing eyebrows with henna

My eyebrows are naturally kind of invisible, so henna really washes me out if I don't intervene. I've tried hennaing my brows a few times, but found it to just not be worth the effort. Henna doesn't seem to stick very well to brow hairs (it actually seems to stick better to the skin under the hairs, which is not cute!), and the growth cycle is such that you have completely new eyebrows in like a month or two, so you have to do it often.

I finally found some decent auburn pencils that work really well for me. This one most days, or one from Anastasia in "strawburn" (which they might have discontinued) when I want much lighter brows. It was surprisingly tough to find an eyebrow pencil with any red in it, but now I'm pretty set.

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Thanks for the reply! I've been thinking about getting an eyebrow pencil too, but I figured it would be hard to find a good red one, yeah. I'll try looking some more, I definitely don't want orange skin under my eyebrows lol.

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

I use henna to cover my gray hair, and I unfortunately have many white eyebrow hairs. Since I have to touch up my roots every 3 weeks, I henna my eyebrows too. The skin underneath is orange only the first day for me, by the end of the day it's gone; the color stays very well on those eyebrow hairs. I'm only 48, I think it's terribly unfair to be so gray (almost 100%) already!!!
    Lisa

Length
    pixie/hip/eh
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Yeah I couldn't find any acceptable drugstore options which might be why I had so much trouble. When I came around to trying one in the $20 range, I found more success. Turns out that one pencil will last me a couple of years, so it's not as crazy as I initially believed. Good luck!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I have used henna on my eyebrows on and off. On right now It matches my hair and improves skintone, I look a bit red sometimes but hennaed eyebrows evens out my complexion.
    As your eyebrows shed the henna fades gradually. You get no demarcation line.

I also do henna my eye brows every two or three weeks when I do my roots. It doesn't last too long but my eye brows are very light platinum blond so it does make them a bit darker and I like it

Length
    20.5/20.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I also cassia-henna my eyebrows every once in a while - I don't put it on as long as I do in my hair and it just gives a hint of orange/red enough not to make my head of hair look too fake. It doesn't last long though but yet again, I have to redo my roots every 3 weeks so no biggie!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I do this all the time I use straight henna because a cassia blend won't stick. It does fade in a few weeks, but it's easy enough to do and I feel looks much better with the red hair.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I've done it! I usually tend to dye conventionally first so that my brows aren't atomic orange.

I haven't done it lately because it seemed to be a bit much work for something I have to do almost weekly.

I wouldn't have to do them so often, I don't think, if I could just find a darned eye pencil that worked.

~maborosi~