Thread: Issue posting/ replying to threads

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Exclamation Issue posting/ replying to threads

I don't know what's going on, but I'm having problems making posts, especially when I want to quote someone. Nothing at all happens (except a tiny 'loading' circle popping up near the button, never goes anywhere) when I click 'Reply to thread' or 'Reply with quote'. Multi-quoting isn't working either. My only options are to use the quick reply box or click 'go advanced', but neither of those are working normally either... there are no formatting buttons for either of them. Also, when I 'go advanced', I keep getting a message that says I have selected posts to quote that aren't part of the thread I'm replying to and options to go ahead and quote them or to deselect them, but nothing happens if I click those options and the (supposed) quoted posts never show in the editing box. Here's a screenshot of the (fully loaded) 'go advanced' box, if it helps: If I wasn't as familiar with BB code as I am, I'd be completely limited to plain text messages with no quoting. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm going to try restarting my browser in a moment, but if that doesn't help, does anyone have any suggestions? It was working fine until late-ish last night.

(hennahead)

Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Issue posting/ replying to threads

Argh. Now the 'Edit post' button isn't working either! Here's a screenshot of that 'loading circle' I mentioned:
    Like I said, it just keeps turning, but nothing happens. It doesn't even look like my browser is trying to do anything. It's still turning as I type, and I've taken the time to screenshot, edit the image, and upload to photobucket since clicking it. Grr. Ok, off to restart my browser. I'll report back if anything changes.

(hennahead)

Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

ETA--> Well, it made me double post before I restarted my browser, but at least now I can edit. AND the formatting buttons are up there on this editing window. I'll have to check the rest of the problems I mentioned...
    Last edited by walterSCAN; March 1st, 2014 at 07:15 AM.

(hennahead)

Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by walterSCAN View Post
    I don't know what's going on, but I'm having problems making posts, especially when I want to quote someone. Nothing at all happens (except a tiny 'loading' circle popping up near the button, never goes anywhere) when I click 'Reply to thread' or 'Reply with quote'. Multi-quoting isn't working either. My only options are to use the quick reply box or click 'go advanced', but neither of those are working normally either... there are no formatting buttons for either of them. Also, when I 'go advanced', I keep getting a message that says I have selected posts to quote that aren't part of the thread I'm replying to and options to go ahead and quote them or to deselect them, but nothing happens if I click those options and the (supposed) quoted posts never show in the editing box. Here's a screenshot of the (fully loaded) 'go advanced' box, if it helps: If I wasn't as familiar with BB code as I am, I'd be completely limited to plain text messages with no quoting. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm going to try restarting my browser in a moment, but if that doesn't help, does anyone have any suggestions? It was working fine until late-ish last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by walterSCAN View Post
    Argh. Now the 'Edit post' button isn't working either! Here's a screenshot of that 'loading circle' I mentioned:
    Like I said, it just keeps turning, but nothing happens. It doesn't even look like my browser is trying to do anything. It's still turning as I type, and I've taken the time to screenshot, edit the image, and upload to photobucket since clicking it. Grr. Ok, off to restart my browser. I'll report back if anything changes.
    Aha! Everything is working again!! I wonder if it was some kind of bizarre cookies-related problem? Any suggestions for preventing this from happening again/ speculation as to why it happened at all?

(hennahead)

Type
    2a/C/iii

I too occasionally see long pauses and hangs. The web browser is waiting for data that never arrives (which may be from a website other than LHC). Restarting the browser usually fixes the problem.

At other times, the LHC server is just being slow. The user can't do anything about that.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)