Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Growth rate experiments!

Length
    30/32WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

It happens to have a small unopened bottle of peppermint eo. I am going to put in on my conditioner

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I did my own experiment a few years ago. Conclusion: the season matters. I didn't trim at all, was careful as I could be to avoid breakage, and measured on each equinox or solstice day. My hair grew slowest in the winter, a bit faster in the spring, and fastest in the summer and autumn.

The changing of the seasons could skew your results.

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I did my own experiment a few years ago. Conclusion: the season matters. I didn't trim at all, was careful as I could be to avoid breakage, and measured on each equinox or solstice day. My hair grew slowest in the winter, a bit faster in the spring, and fastest in the summer and autumn.

The changing of the seasons could skew your results.
    Hope this is the case for me too, would like to have a bit of extra growth in summer!
    Last edited by Johannah; February 9th, 2014 at 04:38 AM.

Length
    1/25/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

My hair grows around 1" per month, roughly. I am applying castor oil before every wash and recording progress.

Unfortunately I had an incident yesterday which resulted in many many splits and a selective mini trim, It didn't really take off much length (like 0.1"), but I think it's affected the thickness of my length.
    But anyways. I am doing this for a month to see what my progress is like and will post any findings
    2011- Buzzcut ----- 2012-2013 - 23"
    2014 23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mellybee View Post
    My hair grows around 1" per month, roughly. I am applying castor oil before every wash and recording progress.

Unfortunately I had an incident yesterday which resulted in many many splits and a selective mini trim, It didn't really take off much length (like 0.1"), but I think it's affected the thickness of my length.
    But anyways. I am doing this for a month to see what my progress is like and will post any findings
    I'm going to try this as well!

Length
    1/25/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Yay! We can compare
    2011- Buzzcut ----- 2012-2013 - 23"
    2014 23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Yay! We can compare
    I'm going to start next Sunday so I know the results of healthy food on itself. I'm nervous if I see any results

So sorry about the bun maker .. throw that thing away so your not tempted to "see" if it really was (random hair thoughts)

I'm going to be increasing my protein intake (nuts, seeds etc.) don't know to how much but I will steadily increase monthly to see if that makes a difference in hair growth (I am also lifting so I need the extra protein). I am also increasing my cardio time.. yesterday I did an hour straight of cardio and Monday I switch to the treadmill (have been working up to it). I want to see how much cardio you have to do before you see an affect on your hair.

Length
    21.5/23.5/34
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle or Curl? View Post
    I don't have a baseline to go from and I want actual measurements so I think I am going to do a baseline month of continueing to exercise, eat well, and drink water to see what I am currently getting.

Then maybe I'll try peppermint EO in my shampoo. I like the sound of it and I'm sure it smells better than some of the things I've been reading about...nice to feel pampered.
    You are so smart! I found LHC in January and have been going crazy with the experiments without doing one at a time or knowing my regular growth rate! I figure if I get great results one month, then at least one of my experiments is working and then I can selectively cut one out at a time to see which one it is. But I think it just makes me feel better to be doing something instead of nothing. Good luck staying away from the scissors!