Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Have you ever had short hair?

Length
    2/2/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Have you ever had short hair?

I've had pretty short hair. The shortest I've had is a 1 inch buzzcut, which I would only recommend to those with amazing bone structure. I had a pixie cut, which was easier to get along with. Judging from your definition of "short", I've had short hair all of my life except for about a year in middle school and a year in college when I first joined LHC. It really does grow back...as long as you don't think too much about it. A long of mid-century hairstyles are more achievable at just beyond shoulder length with layers, adding a lot of versatility.

Length
    31ish/73/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I've never had shorter than around APL, and even that was shorter than I wanted (my hair breaks off if I wear it down all the time so it had to be trimmed shorter and shorter). I've never had any urge to go for a short cut - they can look lovely but they are just not me.

~There is no spoon~

Length
    APL/HIP/TERM
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

I had a bit above shoulder length at one point in time. I didn't care about my hair then, but when I look back at photos.. ugh. I wanna cringe. Just didn't suit me.

SL/WL/HIP/BCL/TBL/CL+
    My journey from chemical damage to virgin hair.
    No trim 2014/Benign Neglect/Vegan Care.

Length
    Chin/MBL/MBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/i

I've had my hair to chin. It looked super nice and made me very confident, but i like longer hair better
    Plus, i workout a lot and it was getting in the way and i couldn't tie it

Length
    23/32/41
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I had my hair in a short wedge cut until I was seven or eight. (It wasn't very flattering on me but my mom liked it.) I've never had my hair that short since. I recently have it at APL which is pretty short for me. If I have bun waves or braid waves in it it almost looks shoulder length.

Length
    4/TBL/CL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I've had very short hair, pixies and bobs galore when I was younger. I'm pretty well over it now.

I intend to be thought elegant, glamorous and extremely vulgar, because nothing is so glamorous as vulgarity, and there is nothing so vulgar as elegance.

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

I have had my head shaved bald quite a number of times when I was under 12. The shortest my hair has been as an adult was when I big chopped to 1'' 2 years ago. I have recently been feeling like cutting my hair really short again, but I will wait for a while and see if the urge passes

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I had pixie length hair till I was 6 because I refused to comb it or let it be combed. Haven't had hair that short since. I have cut it back to waist when I was 18. Re-grew from there.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I relate to thistledown in that sometimes I want to have had super short hair before I hit 30. I had short hair (above chin length) in high school, and collarbone length for the great chop of 2008, but I kind of want to see myself with short hair now that I've grown into my features (late bloomer!).

But I know I won't do it again because I love my hair too much, and the growing out is guaranteed to be a pain-in-the-you-know-what.