Thread: Henna using coconut milk?

Default Henna using coconut milk?

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I had a previous experience with henna that was fine but the lemon juice was too harsh for my hair and scalp and rinsing it out was so difficult and I seemed to lose some hair over it. A friend had done it and now (2 years later) I'm finally jumping in to do it myself. I've been reading about success with using coconut milk and it helping to keep the hair soft and conditioned while helping to make rinsing out the of the henna much better. I was planning on mixing my henna (Rajasthani Twilight) with coconut milk (regular) and freezing it after about 30 minutes and using after thawing. Keeping it on for 4-6 hours. I'm having a heck of a time trying to search for similar threads so I apologize if this has been covered. Will the coconut effect the color versus say water or tea? Thanks so much for your help ~Heather

Default Re: Henna using coconut milk?

And one day I'll learn correct grammar. Affect. Ughh. How do I edit my post?

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

You'll be able to edit your posts after you get 25-- unless I'm mistaken, of course. If I'm mistaken, then there's a button at the bottom of each of your posts (next to the reply buttons) that says 'edit'.

Regarding the coconut milk, that sounds like an interesting idea! I don't think I've heard of it before, but it sounds worth trying. You're not alone in finding the lemon juice harsh or drying. I say if your hair likes coconut milk, go ahead and try it! (and let us know how it goes... I may want to try it too. )

(hennahead)

I did try mixing henna with coconut milk once..and only once because it did affect the color for me. It made my hair very nice and soft though. I felt it made the color lighter as if it didn't hold properly to my roots and hair and I had to redo it a few days later with just tea and it worked fine. So what I do now is I use coconut milk for deep treatments sometimes but not mixed with the henna. I never use lemon or vinegar in my henna now as it isn't necessary. I add lots of oils, even coconut oil and it doesn't affect the color like the coconut milk did. Hope that helps

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I'm going to mix it up later tonight with tea and freeze it after a bit. Hoping to apply tomorrow.