Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair dry no matter what I do! help!

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair dry no matter what I do! help!

Keeping it up to the point of pain is counter productive, if it starts to hurt, take it down or you may suffer from traction alopecia. I have been struggling with dry hair all winter, and I found the one thing that really works is oiling the hair right after a shower while it's still wet, not a lot, just enough to get all over most of the hair, then I use my TT to spread it evenly.
    BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I've found that spritzing my hair with rosemary tea and then sealing with a very light coat of oil has really helped me combat dryness in my hair.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'll link the LOC method of styling hair below:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ghlight=method
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Default Re: Hair dry no matter what i do! help!

I haven't used a moisturizer on my hair in 4 years now and my hair is not too bad. oils do seriously help.

Hi What is LOC?

Got it sorry i am new here don't know any of the terminology

Quote Originally Posted by pri108 View Post
    Hi What is LOC?

What is your hair type? Curly hair needs a LOT more moisture than straight hair. So much so it seems as though nothing oiling wise works. What is your routine? How do you wash your hair? Answer some simple questions and you'll have a lot better feedback.
    heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Quote Originally Posted by VixenWolfMare View Post
    so pretty much scene November my hair has been dryer than dry. I have tryed everything but with no luck. I have a good deal of breakage from it now also i had a horrible shed and now have all these patches of short hair around my hair line and i swear split ends have been breeding like rabbits in there sleep. my hair is like velcro no matter what i do even if i keep it in an up do all day. I have been keeping it up so much i have caused myself scalp pain! Are there any treatments i can do to make it any better? Any help is LOVED!
    Hi,

To get rid of split ends and dry hair i quit hair dryer, hair brush/detangler, hair colouring and smoking. I try to eat healthy with plenty of fruits and vegetables, milk and eggs. fish helps big time. hope that helps.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

http://allthingsonatural.blogspot.co...for-shiny.html

maybe this can help?
    seems you get to get moisture in and hold it. THis is why many have success with the LOC method.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    BSL/MTL/floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RancheroTheBee View Post
    Okay, what kind of routine are you using right now? Include the whole thing; what shampoo, conditioner, oil/leave-in, how you handle it after it's washed, how you handle it day to day. I had desert dry hair until I figured out I needed way more oil and that sulphates weren't my friend, for example.
    I braid my hair every night. Every morning i wake up and i use miracle 7 leave in mist to detangle ( i have been doing this for years my hair LOVES it.) and i detangle with the white madora comb, then i use i widu brush to remove tangle any left over tangles. I have a mason person and a white boar kent brush to move oils around. then I put my hair up and leave it like that until i get out of work. I use oils (coconut avocado and argan seem to be what my hair likes best.) i was my hair as little as i can get away with. when i was it i use ion repair solutions products witch are the only thing my hair likes. i only put a small amount of shampoo on top of my head. i only condition the body never my scalp. i clarify and hot oil my hair when i need to. I really hate over night conditioning but sometimes i do that... I have a aquis towel witch is the only towel i use in my hair. i think thats it...

2a M iii - ?? inches - Finger tip length