View Poll Results: Do you let other people touch/play with your hair?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 15.71%
  • No

47 22.38%
  • Only some people

125 59.52%
  • Other

5 2.38%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Do you let other people touch/play with your hair?

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: Do you let other people touch/play with your hair?

I let my SO touch is sometimes but I really don't like it because I am so picky about it breaking and since my hair is so thick and its somewhat curly you cant just flippantly run your hands thru it without it catching. I get such a cringy feeling when I take my hair out of a bun and he tries to do this but it catches. I don't think he understands the concept of anything that makes it catch or crack or get stuck and pull is bad. Friction is bad. He has long hair too and he does terrible things with it. He has this horrible fleece pillowcase. He'll make it make the crackly noise brushing it just to see me freak out and cringe He thinks it's so funny and i'm like uuuuugh stop it pleeeaaaasseee...

I hate it .... he usally unless he just got a trim has all this damage at the bottom of his ends because he just pulls it to brush it (unless I comb it, which he loves- its much more common for me to touch his hair because I know how to touch hair lol.) I think he's starting to get it though. Dont touch it unless you are being very very gentle... no "snappy noises".... He really doesnt touch it so much anymore and I honestly don't care lol!
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

For me, it depends on the situation: Obviously at the hair dresser, I expect my hair to be touched. I remember some moments at the barn when I was running late and in the process of getting my baseball hat on and a mom saw my hair and dove her hands into it--purely as a mother and offered to braid it for me (her daughter was 12 and lessoned with me). I never once felt bothered by it and just told her that was so sweet, but I was able to braid really fast. (which I did). I've had cute little girls trying to figure out whose hair was infront of them in checkout lines, and I remember a gentle tug and a mother whispering sharply 'don't touch it!" and I had to laugh. I work with kids--it's how they learn. She was no older than 4---just curious.

Now, creepy guy who smelled my hair (after a very hot, late night ride and I was shopping and didn't notice--my friend did and we both had the last laugh since my hair was so gross!)--um, no. A strange adult just grabbing hair--that's assault to me. A child is innocent(up to about 4 yrs old/even 5 yrs old), but a stranger--male or female, grabbing your hair--no. That's a personal invasion of space. Now, I've been in some situations where I was in long lines and chatting with people and a woman commented on my hair and you could see she wanted to touch and I said 'oh, I'm fine with it'. That's ok, but no adult (or child over should be touching anything on you--hair included.(I mean stranger of course! Family/friends are fine if you're fine with it)
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Length
    Chin/BS/Clsic
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    For me, it depends on the situation: Obviously at the hair dresser, I expect my hair to be touched. I remember some moments at the barn when I was running late and in the process of getting my baseball hat on and a mom saw my hair and dove her hands into it--purely as a mother and offered to braid it for me (her daughter was 12 and lessoned with me). I never once felt bothered by it and just told her that was so sweet, but I was able to braid really fast. (which I did). I've had cute little girls trying to figure out whose hair was infront of them in checkout lines, and I remember a gentle tug and a mother whispering sharply 'don't touch it!" and I had to laugh. I work with kids--it's how they learn. She was no older than 4---just curious.

Now, creepy guy who smelled my hair (after a very hot, late night ride and I was shopping and didn't notice--my friend did and we both had the last laugh since my hair was so gross!)--um, no. A strange adult just grabbing hair--that's assault to me. A child is innocent(up to about 4 yrs old/even 5 yrs old), but a stranger--male or female, grabbing your hair--no. That's a personal invasion of space. Now, I've been in some situations where I was in long lines and chatting with people and a woman commented on my hair and you could see she wanted to touch and I said 'oh, I'm fine with it'. That's ok, but no adult (or child over should be touching anything on you--hair included.(I mean stranger of course! Family/friends are fine if you're fine with it)

I had a creeper smell my hair while I was in line at the drug store 2 weeks ago. I feel your pain. I just moved ahead a little and gave the bitchiest look possible, though I don't think the man understood and he just gave a creepy, flirty smile. Some people just don't care about politeness and common courtesy... I think some guys even ENJOY making women uncomfortable. Here's to hoping neither of our creepers breed more creepers.

As for letting people touch my hair... yes to the SO, yes to most family members and yes to my friends - but if any of these people have dirty hands, NOPE! :P

Length
    26/32/42
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I wont let people touch my hair. My kitty´s are allowed to touch and play with, but people are not.
    My husband likes my hair but don´t wont to touch it very often he likes my braids and buns and my hair down - but he prefers to look! That maches good with me!

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Oh no, no, no.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    BSL/BSL/LONG
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i

If their hands are clean then I wouldn't have an issue. It feels nice when people are touching my hair.

In my restless dreams, I see that town...
    Length
    12/hip/Thigh
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Only my husband, but I've never had anyone else ask.
    Hovering at hip this year! Hip hip hooray!

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I work with kids, and they will ask. On hair wash days, I let them.
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE