Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wash Day to Wash Day, what's your hair like?

Length
    chin/BSL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wash Day to Wash Day, what's your hair like?

After washing
    Day 1: Dry, tends to be frizzy, I apply small amount of coconut oil to the ends to keep them calm and then braid it.
    Day 2: Awesome hair day! Will usually leave down.
    Day 3: Slightly oily but manageable, will usually put up in a bun
    Day 4: Nasty oily, since it's winter I can get away with a nice warm hat until I wash that night.
    一期一会
    ichi-go ichi-e

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Day 1epends on what I use,but is usually very curly in some parts and just wavy in other parts.Mixed textures,yay .Sometimes tends to be slightly frizzy but overall it is soft,light and defined.
    Day 2 : Ouch.I sleep in a braid and it looks like it.Rarely wear-down hair unless tamed with water + product or water+ aloe.By then the very curly curls relax into waves and the waves curl up a bit.
    Day 3: Day of very good length but slightly greasy roots.Hair is at almost at its straightest now,but looks good.
    Day 4: Very oily scalp but still good length.This is the day when people ask me if I have straightened my hair when I decide to wear it down despite the oily scalp.It is not that straight in my opinion.But straighter than wash day.

I probably go from 2c/3a and some 3b on wash days to the 2's on the post wash days.
    Last edited by LadyCelestina; December 30th, 2013 at 01:25 AM.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Day 1: Post-wash fluffy and fly-away-y. Won't stay in any updo unless I put it up wet. Hate it. HATE it. 1b, unless I comb it when still wet, then it's a 1a.
    Day 2: Better behaved, still a 1b.
    Day 3: Favourite day! Goes into any updo. Sleek, shiny and creeping towards 1a.
    Day 4: Washday. 1a, completely straight.

In my case, I think the straightening have to do with oilings, because when I went a full week this summer out in the forest with no shampoo, conditoner or oil (or running water, just a lake), it stayed 1b.
    When still using cones, they weighted it down to 1a all the time.

Length
    15/47/48
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Day 1-3: Almost 3a in the front (I get some corkscrews in my shortest layers). Solid 2c in the back. Underlayer in back 2b.
    Day 4-5: Still some corkscrewing in front layers though more stretched out. Hair is mostly mixed 2c/2b. Underlayer is 2b/2a.
    Day 6-7: Front 2c, back 2b with some 2c, underlayer mostly 2a with some 2b.
    Day: 8-9: Hair looks mostly 2b with little to no 2c in front. Underlayer 2a.

This is if I don't brush and just finger comb. If I brush a lot, my hair looks almost all 2a by the end.

Yes, I go 6-9 days between washes on average during the winter. My hair has rarely ever looked greasy due to a dry scalp that can be prone to eczema. Summer it's 3-5 because I'm riding everyday and my hair is getting sweat soaked from being under a helmet.
    Last edited by Arete; December 30th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.

Length
    20/waist/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

Wash day 1. Wetting my hair down takes longer because water bounces off. Drying takes all day and ends up in clumps.
    Day 2. It's dry, the clumps are now separated. Hair sticks together but no knots or tangles. It feels wiry with the strands going in different directions. Depending how I slepted, there are some waves but they are not natural and are gone when I finger comb them. Hair separates more throughout the day. My density makes up some volume.
    Day 3. Best hair day, hair feels softer and more straighter.
    Day 4. Same
    Day 4. Looks a little oily but diminishes after combing
    Day 5. Little more oily but is easily hidden with updos
    Day 6. Wash day
    Lady Juliet, Guardian of Peace in Order of the Long Hair Knights.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

After washing:
    Full CG = 3a hair.
    Current routine = 2a/b

Before washing:
    Full CG = 2b/c
    Current routine = 1b/c

Bleck. I loved my CG curls but cowashing caused me to shed something horrible.
    Also, this is assuming I leave my hair down. Usually, it's up in a dutch braid.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights