Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wash Day to Wash Day, what's your hair like?

Length
    Hip/Pixie/Fun
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Wash Day to Wash Day, what's your hair like?

I really should see what my hair is like without any conditioners or products.

On wash day my hair dries naturally with S waves and lots of volume as long as I don't comb it once it's dry otherwise it tends to frizz on the ends and get poofy ( and my hair isn't dry or damaged). Then it loses volume each day until I cleanse again. I can make it sleek and straight if I comb it out when wet, especially if I blow dry without the diffuser. I rarely use heat anymore on my hair. I used to flat iron it once it was dry on wash day, when it was shorter.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

My hair seems to be very straight on wash day, but as the days stretch my hair starts to get wavy.
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I can go from 2c to 2a or b, depending on if I brush out the curl while it's wet. If I let my hair dry without detangling (what I do most of the time), then by wash day it has relaxed to loose s-waves by wash day. I need to start trying to stretch my washes more again...

Length
    Hip/Pixie/Fun
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I'm doing an experiment today where I thoroughly saturated my hair with water but no cleansing or other products. I don't have any shampoo in the house so I couldn't shampoo it and I forgot about clarifying with ACV until after I was in the shower so I didn't do that either. First things I noticed are that my hair feels a lot more coarse and it takes awhile to get well saturated with water. It also showed a lot more curl and closer waves when I got out of the shower. I combed in the shower under the running water but not once I got out. Now it's just the wait to dry.

Length
    23 cm/80 cm/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Well, I'm only a 1b, but my hair definitely is it's fluffiest and curliest on wash day, almost making me a 1c. However it is calmed down by the next day unless I have braided it while it was still damp.
    Lady Ambarussa of the Sunlit Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    animetor7, or Ani Currently: Hip at 80 cm Next Goal: Tailbone at 102 cm

Length
    Chin/CBL+/WL

The first day it is quite thick and frizzy, but I calm it down with a leave in.
    The second day is has calmed down, day 2 is always my best hairday, easy to handle i any updos.
    The third day it gets a bit greasy, not musch, so I wash, or oil it and wash on the fourth day.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think the category stays about the same - 1c/2a - but the texture changes a lot. Right after a wash it will be frizzy and feels soft and thick. The next day it has settled down a lot into a sleek look with little frizz... my avatar photo is day two hair. It looks a little more lank on this day, so I normally wear it in a braid. On day three it morphs into a greaseball at the roots with dry ends. If I have nowhere to go then I will dampen and oil the length, then put it up and forget about it. If I need to leave the house then I will either wash it or use some dry shampoo at the roots, dampen and oil the length, and put it in a bun.
    Last edited by shutterpillar; December 23rd, 2013 at 01:38 PM.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

What changes my hair from wash to wash (about a week, usually) is not so much what I put on it as what I do with it. Days 1 and 2 I like to wear it down if the weather cooperates (some humidity, not a lot of wind). As soon as I wear it up for a day, it tends to straighten or pick up waves that are out of phase with my natural waves. Sometimes I can get my natural waves back by sprinkling a little water on my head in the shower, but if not, then I'm committed to wearing updos until the next wash day. Braids? Forget about it. There is no coming back from a braided style without a full rinse.

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Day 1: 1A with decent volume, but a bit frizzy.
    Day 2: 1A with okay volume, manageable for most things.
    Day 3: 1A and starting to get weighed down a bit from the nightly light oilings.
    Day 4: 1A and no volume, always in a bun or braid with extra CO to soak in.
    Day 5: 1A and self-made grease ball.

Granted, this was when I could stretch washes to 5 or more days, but with my job if I use an ultrasonic hand scaler at work that day, I'm washing my hair almost immediately when I get home, so usually 4-5X a week right now. The only real downside to my job.
    BALDPIXIECHINSHOULDERAPLBSLWAISTHLTL
    Henna enhanced auburn-haired girl

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

After washing: 2b
    Approaching wash day: 1c
    Granted, I damp bun so I destroy my natural texture almost as soon as possible after a wash. It gives me big bun waves though, they're more like loose curls--like 2a waves but in a spiral instead.