Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help! stretching between washes?!

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: help! stretching between washes?!

Since I began CO washing, I went 7 days without shampoo, then 11 days, and most recently, 12 days. I have been counting my shed hairs, and my average is about 23 hairs a day so far. That's far below the "average" of 50-100 that I have seen published in many places on the internet. I'm very pleased with the way my hair feels and looks since I began CO.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBeth View Post
    I know it's not the "look", but I really like my hair oily. I know it's protected and conditioned. It's not likely to dry out, split, break etc. I want to let my hair enjoy it's natural oils as long as I can, and since I wear it up almost always, why would I want to remove the protective oils every other day? No way. I spent years washing twice a week and then started stretching to once weekly and my hair is healthier than it has ever been. You kind of have to trust those of us in the long hair trenches, so to speak, rather than those who are eager to sell, sell, sell.
    Such a great point!!! I love this forum. I really appreciate all of the responses.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I CO my hair every other day simply because it is a pain to wait for it to dry. My hair is soft and silky and isn't damaged by it at all. In fact, because of the dry climate where I live, it is harmful to my hair to go much longer than that.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    22/26/WL/HL
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

I think it depends on how tangly your hair is. Mine mattes like crazy and I had a recent revelation lately that it was because it was gathering dust, cat hair, and other gunk in between washed. Since washing daily the problem has gotten a lot better but I do have to oil my hair a lot and use a giant glob of conditioner as my styling leave in product. It all depend on you I think.