Page 259 of 271 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2705

Thread: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakkares

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakk

Whoa! Do the springs survive the kiln or did you take the clip apart first? I would sooo like to do my own enamel.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    Mbl/Class/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakk

The efcolor only needs heating to 150 or 160 degrees c.

Length
    -/45/-
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The clip had no problems at all ... And it is not such a high quality like the Ficcares.

I saw a video about the effect colors for pebeo resin, could be that this does the pearlized effect. I meant that I don't know how to do it with the enamel powder because it hardens too fast.

It is the last style I am missing to do on my own. I would love to do something like golden pearl or honey marble with a lime green. In this second I remember, I have some acrylic colors that are for marbeling effects. They are one color and a second part like metal. Perhaps I can apply them with a brush, too.
    We will find something, I am sure!
    Searching for Ficcare Maxima M or L
    Primaveras, Multistripe glittery, Diamonds for modification

Length
    Mbl/Class/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I think the pebeo paints have some kind of marble effect but I can't remember, I will have to look into it. If you have a go with your acrylic colours I would love to see how it turns out.

I had some fun this evening and made an olivine border
    [IMG][/IMG]

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Could you use a crockpot instead of a kiln?
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1b/F/i

Wow, I didn't know that efcolor enamel existed. I used to do kiln enameling years ago. That looks really interesting. It would be tricky to do a lotus but I bet it could be done. I'm almost betting that you could use a heat gun on that stuff. All I need now is some freaking time.
    Last edited by lunasea; April 20th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    -/45/-
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Frufru, that Olivine one is georgeous! Although I prefer it with more green. I think the original is too yellow. But nevertheless you did again a great job!

lunasea, there is a tableoven available from efcolor.
    http://www.projects4crafters.com/efc...cus/4563031388
    I think it could work with a heatpistol, too. But I think it is more easy to put it just into the oven. You could fill each part from the lotus one after the other. And clean around it. Or perhaps there is something a available to hide the lines during the process.

Type
    1b/F/i

I saw the little oven....I was thinking about the heat gun cause I could just do it on a jewelry vice and not have to move it in and out of the oven

Length
    SL/CBL/Term
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Subbing to this thread. I love the hold of the faccare I got at Sally's, but hated the color so I painted it. (I need more patience with drying next time). A trove of information, trial and error, and beautiful modified clips this thread is. Great job everyone
    ChinCBLAPLBSLWL
    Lady Teine Sith, Fae-Fire mistress in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Last cut~Jan 14th 2018 {terminal?}

Length
    28/39/44
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I've recently modded two. One was a fakkare for the spring swap:

I applied crushed lilac lepidolite using super glue (inspired by the way as a child you'd dump glitter on a glue design and then shake off the excess glitter), sanded the edges for hair-friendliness, and sealed the clip with 4 or 5 coats of Ice Resin. Unfortunately the coating on the metal had to be sanded off because of too many resin drips, but in the end it had a nice brushed rose-gold metal look to it.

The second one was an actual stripped ficcare that I got off the swap board. I did three thick coats of nail polish followed by two coats of Ice Resin. I'm pretty sure, however, the second coat was unnecessary. One probably would have been enough. I spent a lot of time using a needle to pop tiny little air bubbles in the resin! It turned out really nice in the end, though.
    MBL | WL | HL | TBL | HL | TBL | CLSSC(?)