Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakkares

Length
    nape/waist/tbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    If anyone would be willing to pick me up some of these Old Navy Fakkares to play around with, please send me a PM I'll happily cover the cost and shipping <3
    I'm going to make a run this weekend and I will pick up some extras if they have any!

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Default Re: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakk

Thank you guys for all the compliments.
    I think I am going to try to put a coat of sparkle nail polish on the bronze to make it blingier like Dulcie's fabulous clips.
    I'd love to try that decoupage like Nightshade did.

I have a lot of dollar store nail polish and also testor paint (I have a gloss orange that I love) but no fakkares at the moment and unlikely to get any before Christmas. Oh, well, I will be back them. meanwhile enjoy looking at you guys creations.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by slynr View Post
    I'm going to make a run this weekend and I will pick up some extras if they have any!
    That'd be awesome of you! I'd love two or three (buy for yourself, though! I'll just take the extras!)

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Looks like Ulta.com now sells Karina flamingo clip AND something called a tortoise flamingo clip for $3.99 which looks exactly the same? I can't tell if they are different sizes as measurements are only given for the tortoise flamingo clip at 4 1/2 inches.
    Hmm.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Wow! Chen and Nightshade,great pics!

Length
    15 in/Ankle/Ankle
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Modifications,repairs,and beautification options[painting ] for Ficcares and fakk

Here's mine

My first foray into Ficarre modification was antiquing my silver Primavara.

1. Clipped it to the side of some cardboard and tapped off anything that might get overspray with masking tape

2. Sprayed with a black enamel meant for metal. After 2-3 seconds wiped it off so the top was silver and the recesses were black. Let it dry. Repeated 2 more times. Once that was dry did two coats of a clear top coat (also meant for metal).

3. only after it was fully dry from all coats did I take off the tape

I don't have a step by step photo record for this one, but this one I did by:
    - covering the middle section with contact paper
    - taping off everything else
    - cutting the design out of the contact paper
    - spraying the exposed bits with multiple coats
    - removing the contact paper
    - clear coating the entire top several times

Here they are in context with my other Ficcares. I've since sent the custom vine one to live with Hypnotica

I love what you did with the Primavara. I need to do this to mine. And I have another polished silver one that I need to get creative with. Also love your collection especially both Lotus clips.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Wow Nightshade, I think that's the first time I've seen that foxglove one up close. That's incredible!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    chin/34/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Thanks dulce for starting this thread. I love the way you all have painted the clips. Nightshade, I'm especially fond of the antiqued silver primavera--someone mentioned that on LHN and I was very curious about how it looked.

I'll go to Old Navy on Thursday and will pick up extra fakkares if I find any nice ones.
    Last edited by ejking2; November 25th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Chin, Shoulder, APL, MBL, Waist, Hip, Tailbone, Classic

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Wow, this thread totally fits into "mental Ficcare sabbatical" concept. I think I will go buy some paint today for my silver matte clip.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    30.31/39.76/41
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Modifications,repairs,and beautification options[painting ] for Ficcares and fakk

I don't have a step by step photo record for this one, but this one I did by:
    - covering the middle section with contact paper
    - taping off everything else
    - cutting the design out of the contact paper
    - spraying the exposed bits with multiple coats
    - removing the contact paper
    - clear coating the entire top several times

Did you cut out everything by hand??? Amazing!

I just painted two ficcares with nail polish, that's it but your work is really inspiring!