Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [epic] Can I make my hair grow 2 inches a month?

Wink [epic] Can I make my hair grow 2 inches a month?

Look.... when i was depressed i chopped my hair off, i always wanted long hair so it feels like a HUGE setback! My hair is curly (3b/3c) but it grows fast like maybe an inch a month, but i want it to grow faster. I know it possible so how can i make that happen? be positive please and DO not give me that ''1/2 inch speech'' because i ve seen people grow their hair out fast like 6/7 inches in 6/7 months. Thank you guys and please cheer me up

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Can i make my hair grow 2 inches a month?

If people have grown 6/7 inches in 6/7 months that's only 1 inch per month .... Sorry to say it but 2 inches per month is very unlikely. You could try scalp massages though, as well as castor oil (that's worked on my lashes and brows), or something called monistat. Exercise regularly, and eat well.
    Last edited by sarahthegemini; October 31st, 2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

If you really want some fast growth look into protein shakes i got about 2" a month and eat lots of protein as well
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    pixie/shldr/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I know some people here use Monistat to promote hair growth. 2 Inches per month seems sooo much, but if you're getting one, you could boost that to 1.5" or something.

Just look around for Monistat threads, and also for hair growth threads. I have seen a few of them, and all the posters swear by the remedies listed.

BTW: keep in mind. It could work, but there's no guarantee of that.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

If you rub cheese on your head, it will make your hair grow 5 inches a month! I know it sounds strange, but it's actually the secret that all the most senior members of lhc use! That's why lhc members are always mentioning cheese and have a dancing cheese emoticon. Shhhh, don't tell anyone though, it's a secret!
    Chin....Shoulder....Collarbone....APL....BSL....WL

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Everyone has a maximum growth rate, and yours might not be the same as the next person's. That's OK -- we're not all the same. I've had a couple months of freakish growth, which I can't attribute to anything other than travelling; it wasn't something I kept up for more than a month or two, though. The fastest I've ever heard of a person being able to sustain was one member who managed 3 inches/month with the right combination of supplements and maybe massage and stuff. A lot of that was genetic giftedness, though.

Obviously, the first thing you have to do is make sure that your nutrition and health are optimal. All the tricks in the world won't help you if you're hypothyroid or anemic or not eating enough nutrients to have the leftovers to make hair. Eat clean, eat well, exercise, sleep plenty, manage stress, address any nagging health issues, and generally maximize your well-being.

Here are tricks that work for some people (not everyone, and it may have side effects, so do some reading before running to the store): Some people get more growth when supplementing biotin. Do some research on the positives and negatives of this before you start and realize that it gives a lot of people massive acne. Another trick that seems to get a lot of people to get absurd growth is rubbing the scalp with miconazole nitrate cream (Monistat's the major US name brand, and yes I mean the stuff you use for yeast infections and/or athlete's foot). Severe headaches can be a side effect of this. ETA: Some people start shedding hair when they do this, too -- it definitely doesn't work for everyone.
    Last edited by Anje; October 31st, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Cream cheese is probably the easiest to apply, but cheddar is worth the extra effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz_park View Post
    If you rub cheese on your head, it will make your hair grow 5 inches a month! I know it sounds strange, but it's actually the secret that all the most senior members of lhc use! That's why lhc members are always mentioning cheese and have a dancing cheese emoticon. Shhhh, don't tell anyone though, it's a secret!
    The first rule about Cheese Club. . .

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I use Monistat but I've never measured my exact growth each month. I guess you could try Monistat.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    1.5/5/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Liz_park View Post
    Growing out short hair, bangs, and bleach/dye abuse all at once. Hold me!
    1c/2a - F - i (<- this one's a mystery. Hasn't been ponytail-able in 10 years!)

I use wild growth oil ... and take my prenatal vitamins, biotin and fish oil .. plus I eat as much protein as I can get