Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing their roots soon? Inversion method challenge ...

Length
    23.6/30/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Inversion method

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Man, you said it, swearnsue! If the inversion method worked, my hair would be out the door!
    Haha no you are supposed to do it one week per month. :-)

Length
    23.6/30/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Inversion method

I did it for four minutes 6 days in a row. I measured before i started my hair was at 26 inches and now my hair is 26.8 so it grew 2 centimeters (0.8 inches) in 6 days!

Length
    27,5/29,1/35,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Anyone doing their roots soon? Inversion method challenge ...

I did it for 7 days, 4 minutes / day. my head was upside down and I massaged my scalp ( I did't use any oil ) for each time, but It didn't work. I mean, my hair grew 1 cm, but that's the normal amount for me, nothing special :/ I'm a bit dissapointed but maybe my body got used to increased blood flow bc I workout and do sports a lot.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I started this last night, I'm not going to use oil everytime though. I've got 1mm of fresh growth and normally on the first week of dying I only get up to 2mm, so it will easy to tell if I have extra growth.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Well I've done my seven days and my growth has been 1 mm. This is exactly what it normally grows on week two after hair dye. Over the next two weeks I'll grow 8 mm to get to my 4 weekly 1cm.

Nothing but nothing is going to budge my stubborn growth rate

I've started it today too
    I don't believe that exactly it will work, but maybe my oils mix will work. I always wash my hair in that position over bath.
    I have mixed olive oil, castrol oil, sesame oil and few drops rosemary oil.
    I take small amount of it and massage my scalp in inversion position.
    I will not measure it, but I think better blood circulation because of massage and oils will help.

I'm not sure how often I should now wash my hair. I normally wash my hair twice or once a week. I have curly hair. My hair don't looks oily now, but when it will look like this or get ithy or sth I will wash.

Length
    7/14.5/33
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I will be starting today. I also henna ed my hair this afternoon. So I will be able to measure the results really well. I am going to skip the oil today but will start that tomorrow with caster oil, coconut oil, tea tree eo, and peppermint eo

Length
    BSL28/BSL28/HIP40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i

I love this inversion method. Personally, I did notice a significant increase in hair growth, which was really surprising. It was really easy for me to tell because I used to bleach my hair, and the regrowth is easy to measure. I would dye my roots every 5-6 weeks. When I first started the inversion method, I did it for 7 days, as recommended, to test how it worked. I ended up having to dye my roots after only 4 weeks because of the faster growth.

Despite my success, I don't do this every day anymore. I do it maybe 2-3 times a week/ in between washes. I typically wash my hair about once a week though. Also, I do not use oil anymore while doing this. Since joining here, I've realized that putting oil on my scalp has increased my shedding. So instead, I rely on my own scalp oils, and thus do the inversion method a few days after I last washed my hair. So for me, my take on the inversion method sort of borrows techniques from the NW/SO methods. The scalp massage is a good opportunity to sort of redistribute sebum and clear up my scalp. I feel it rejuvenates my hair, and gives it volume, as well as potentially increase hair growth. I don't do daily though, so I doubt I'm seeing any increased growth anymore. But, I still find it beneficial for my hair.

ON THE WAY TO LONG AND NATURAL

Length
    29/36.5/50+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I figure it can't hurt (although I'm a dancer so I spend plenty of time inverted while stretching and such so I may not see much effect), and even if it doesn't increase growth, a scalp massage always feel wonderful.

I did my roots overnight 3/16-17 and started the inversion method on 3/25. I'm not doing oil everyday or I will be a total greaseball. I had just the slightest hint of lighter orange at my roots when I started, so I should be able to tell if I have much extra growth.

Length
    10/21/50
    Type
    3c/4a/F/i

I just finished this experiment yesterday and am happy to say I actually saw significant growth! I used a henna oil infusion, bent over and massaged my hair nightly, rinsed out oil in the morning. Ended up with a measurement of 1 inch more than my 3rd day! (I forgot to measure when I started. :P).

I watched and poo poo'ed the YouTubes about this for years and only decided to try because I started an oiling regimen about a week ago anyway so why not add massage and inversion. From what I understand, this is something to do only occasionally (maybe once a quarter?) or else your head gets used to all the extra circulation and grows at normal rate seeming to not work. I may do this seasonally to track consistency.