Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashy brunette or blonette?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ashy brunette or blonette?

Okay, I no longer know what my hair color is x.x right now I'm hennaing, and I'm happy, even though I also like my natural color, thing is, I'm not sure what it is, some hairdresses said I am a dark blonde, but I don't see myself as a blond, I say my hair is light brown, but I'm not sure anymore. These pics were taken back when I straightened my hair everyday, but they show my natural color very well. So...

Under natural light:

Under sunlight:

What do you guys think?
    Hennahead

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Ashy brunette or blonette?

Your hair definitely looks blonde in the sun; in the first picture not so much. I vote you call blonette-brown!

I have personally had the same idea just last week - on holiday in the South of France, I suddenly spotted blonde-looking hair in the mirror. So I am really a blonette, not an ash brown, I think to myself, after all! However, back in the ole Blighty, under a thick covering of clouds (and heavy rain today), my hair is dark again... Sigh. I actually like the ash brown colour, it's just that I would like to know what my hair looks like once and for all. I want a hair colour identity! Maybe I'll take blonette-brown myself...

There are 60 blonde swatches in my Paul Mitchell color book. Everyone wants to be blonde, hardly anyone wants to be brown. Blonde = fun and energy; Brown = boring and dull; at least that want the manufacturers believes which is what we are taught to believe which is what we tell our guests because most of them don't want to hear they are brown. Out of 20 pages of swatches there are only 3 in the binder (violet red, red red and orange red) do not have a swatch with as blonde designation. I think the are a lot less blondes running around out in the world then there really are.

Although it does seem to have some gold tones, gold to me doesn't automatically equal blonde. I would have to say hands down it's brown.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

It looks light brown to me, but my sister says it looks blonde in the sun to her.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

As a professional in the hair/beauty industry, I'd like to weigh in. I see no blonde in either of your photos. I would completely categorize you as a brunette.

Length
    30.5/34/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I say ash brunette!
    BSL - WAIST - HIP

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Your hair is a beautiful color in its own right. Does it need a name? Even so, I think I would call you brunette. Others might very well differ with me and still be right.
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg

Length
    SL+/apl/bsl
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I'd say brunette. It looks quite dark near the roots on the first photo, where it's probably not that damaged from straightening. Mine looks a lot brighter in the sun but I classify it as medium to dark brown (it's probably more medium), because it looks so dark indoors. Yours looks more like light to medium brown to me.

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I would also say brunette. I myself am a dark blonette, just barely not light brown, and the color of my hair in the sun is much lighter than yours. Blonettes usually have a big difference in color indoors and outside in the sun. To me it seems like your hair color doesn't change that much.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!