Thread: I now have my first ever henna batch .......scary

Default I now have my first ever henna batch .......scary

Since my awful chemical burns and allergic reaction to hair dye I have got myself some henna and indigo powder. I intend to strand test first as hair already dyed brunette with reddish tints to see what happens with it then I will just take the plunge as my scalp etc is now all healed. I sure hope I am not allergic to the henna
    Last edited by templeofvenus; August 31st, 2013 at 01:52 AM.

Default Re: I now have my first ever henna batch .......scary

You could do a patch test with the henna and indigo to see if you react to them before you put them on your scalp. Generally they're very agreeable plants but it would be playing things safe that way.

This sounds very exciting. Good luck!

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I hope you aren't allergic and i wish you the best outcome in color! I hope you'll like it.

Length
    chin/APL/knee
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Nice! looking forward to seeing the result Pictures!

I am excited and scared will patch test first to be sure though - won't be doing it today haven't got time but next week and will post pics if it looks nice lol

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

I dare say hendigo will be much gentler than the chemical dyes. I'm so sorry you had to experience those reactions, that must have been terrifying! Believe me, hendigo is not as scary as that!. Hendigo has taken my hair from chemical dyed brown with reddish tints, like yours, to reddish with brown tints. But so much thicker, shinier and healthier. Do a patch test on your skin first, then test strand for colors.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBeth View Post
    I dare say hendigo will be much gentler than the chemical dyes. I'm so sorry you had to experience those reactions, that must have been terrifying! Believe me, hendigo is not as scary as that!. Hendigo has taken my hair from chemical dyed brown with reddish tints, like yours, to reddish with brown tints. But so much thicker, shinier and healthier. Do a patch test on your skin first, then test strand for colors.
    About to strand test today - hope it turns out good then i can go ahead! yes it was pretty scary when my right eye started to swell from the chemical dye and wow my head was sore! no more of that I hope ever again