Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we use to brush our hair?

Length
    Birth/TBL/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Default What do we use to brush our hair?

Hello everyone. I searched for a thread like this. Couldn't find one if there is one sorry to repeate. And if there wasn't well here it is now! There so many different options out there for brushes so I was wondering what my fellow friends on here use.

What do you use to brush or detangle your hair? What hair type are you? Is it different for each hair type? Dry brush? Wet brush? Several brushes? No brush?

I'm finding that everyone has opinions and they are always different and I love that. So what do you personally use or believe works best for you and why?
    ~Trying to find that perfect length~
    ~Nobel Title: la piccola donna dei lunghi capelli ricci dal bosco~
    (In Italian)

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: What do we use to brush our hair?

I'm not that particular. wet: I finger detangle with conditioner on in the shower, then usually either my Mason Pearson comb or my Aveda paddle brush. Dry I use a Tangle Genie it's similar to a Tangle Teezer but with more stiff bristles. Have both, the Tangle Teezer isnt enough to get through my hair.
    3/9/2015 decided to grow out gray Cut to pixie: 3/9/2015 BSL 4/2018, Cut to shoulder 6/2021. Started coloring again 2018. Currently growing out & going back to gray Goal length: waist+

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I wait until my hair is mostly dry, then use my wide tooth Eternally In Amber comb, followed my my fine tooth EIA comb. In the evenings on days that aren't my wash day, I also use a boar bristle bush as the final step, after oiling. I own a tangle teezer type brush, but it doesn't often get used because my hair doesn't tangle. I can run my comb from the roots to ends without encountering any snags.

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I use my fingers, or a wide tooth comb. I haven't used a brush in years.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I use a wooden wide tooth comb on myself followed by a boat bristle brush. On my 3a dd i use a tangle teezer. I would also use the tangle teezer on me if I had a particularly tangle day.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I use my fingers then a wide tooth comb,then followed by my ordinary plastic comb...i do occasionally use a tangle teezer but i notice it can cause split ends,i now use the tangle teezer as a shampoo brush for the scalp only,it feels wonderful plus it prevents scalp build up..that's about it for my brushes/combs up to now i keep it rather simple
    Last edited by Garnetgem; April 24th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I used a generic plastic wide tooth comb to detangle (basically to comb out straight) my hair after showers. It takes me seconds, and I don't think any other type of comb/brush/etc. would make a difference.

I usually straighten my hair through a heatless method, which takes my hair from 2a/2b to 1a, and use a wooden brush on it later as needed. Otherwise, I don't want to disturb my natural wave pattern with the brush and just leave it be after detangling with the comb. This is just what works the best for me -different things suit different hair types

Length
    29.1/??/43.3
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I use just wide tooth comb (wooden, plastic or horn) and I have 1a hair.

Length
    Birth/TBL/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Thank you for sharing your opinions ladies! Its so great reading everyone's different opinions. Most of you mentioned a tangle teezer I may have to check that one out. Keep em coming!
    ~Trying to find that perfect length~
    ~Nobel Title: la piccola donna dei lunghi capelli ricci dal bosco~
    (In Italian)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

There's plenty of threads like this by now, but another one... why not.

I brush exclusively now. No more wide tooth combs, to me, that really pulled & tugged at my scalp.

I finger detangle Tuesday through Saturday, this means I separate the strands to free up sheds (I don't rake fingers through). Then on Sunday is my washday, and I detangle pre-wash with a TT (Tangle Teezer). Then I wash, and when my hair gets out the towel (after 30-45 min.), I go in once more with a Wet Brush before styling my hair with my stylers (which I scrunch in). Then it's back to leaving it alone for the week; no detangling tools at all because I don't want to disturb the natural texture. Monday nothing comes out my head (I lost it all on wash day, and trust me a "beast" comes out in sheds), then Tuesday through Saturday it's back to finger "separating".
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)