Thread: Inspirational ideas needed for my hip length hair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    29'/31.5'/38"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Unhappy Inspirational ideas needed for my hip length hair

So I'm at my hip length and I am looking for inspirations for a new haircut which is *modern* Sigh. Unfortunately there aren't much inspirational hairstyles that let me keep my length nd yet make my hair look a modern. So I need your help guys please show me some pics for the idea.
    BTW by modern I mean to say what medium length hair looks like after a hair cut.
    Blunt hemlines don't go well with my wavy hair

Length
    27/32/39
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Inspirational ideas needed for my hip length hair

I'm a wavy, and layers and the resulting V-hemline look acceptably modern and bring out the waves really well. My shortest layer is about CBL, though I'm trying to grow it out to APL. If layers aren't your thing, maybe just a V-hemline would work.
    M/2b/ii Hip
    Her hair was long, her limbs were white, And fair she was, and free;
    And in the wind she went as light As leaf of linden-tree. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Length
    29'/31.5'/38"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Angeli View Post
    I'm a wavy, and layers and the resulting V-hemline look acceptably modern and bring out the waves really well.
    This sounds good but how do your updos and braids look? TBH I like the hairstyle in your avatar; gorgeous

Length
    2"/45"/55"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is just about to the bottom of my butt. It was all nearly one length & was driving me nuts (too blah & boring!!! I do have bangs though, so that helps! LOL)

But I was itching for a cut and afraid to go to the salon, since my hair is a good 6-8" longer (maybe more) than it was last time I went, and I'm just too paranoid they'd cut too much off. I just wanted lots of layers.

So, I did it myself. I looked up dozens of "cutting layers" videos on YT & finally settled on this one:

I think her hair looks amazing & similar to how I prefer mine to look.

I do not do the blunt cutting though, I point cut all the ends & it just falls much nicer (loathe blunt ends!)

I layered all my hair yesterday & it turned out lovely. My shortest layers are about boob length & progressively get longer, to my butt. Nice V shape to the back. My hair is wavy & I keep it in buns a lot for work, so that leaves the layers with beautiful loose waves & curly flips.

I cut off quite a bit, but I can't even tell. Still looks as long as it was before. So total success lol

Length
    29'/31.5'/38"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFlyPie View Post
    So, I did it myself. I looked up dozens of "cutting layers" videos on YT & finally settled on this one: Still looks as long as it was before. So total success lol
    You motivated me to cut my hair, it looks amazing just what I wanted. However, I was a little scared so I just cut two layers I should have done 4 But nevertheless the results are awesome!!
    I will perhaps never go to the hair salon again

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I have had a V for ages and I love it. I'm interested in growing it out, but my shortest used to be face-framing and are now at armpit length, and my longest is at hip length. Updos are usually easy enough, though I sometimes need to oil my ends to get them to stay tucked.

Length
    27/32/39
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That is the drawback of layers, but the ends poking out of most hairstyles doesn't bother me too much. I still put it up in braids all the time. I've found that crown braids, surprisingly, work very well despite the layers. If something really bothers me by poking out, I stick a bobby pin in it.

And thank you! That was done by scrunching with AVG and air-drying.
    M/2b/ii Hip
    Her hair was long, her limbs were white, And fair she was, and free;
    And in the wind she went as light As leaf of linden-tree. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I also have wavy ,curly hip plus hair.I went from a blunt cut to bangs,a few side front shoulder length layers and a v hem in the back,just love it! Not going back to plain blunt,I think the v hem makes for a more interesting look when loose.No problems with braids or buns.

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

DragonFlyPie, thanks for posting the video about cutting layers. You can personalize it as much as you need and make your layers as short or long as you want.

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I'd cut afew layers or cut a v hem line.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com