Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut off two inches?

The City of Fallen Angels, where the ocean meets the sand
    Length
    26/32/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Question Cut off two inches?

I am thinking about cutting off two to three inches of hair to even up my layers and make my hair less.... pointy? Its grown into a rather severe V. However, I don't want to cut off my healthy growth.
    I honestly don't mind it too much, my plan was to grow my hair down to my hips, and then start evening it up.
    My mom (I know, its my hair, don't listen to other people) has lately been encouraging (badgering) me to even it up because I look like a 'ragamuffin' as she so lovingly put it.
    What do you guys think?

Here is a photo from May or June

December 2010!!!!
    Lady Roheryn of the Houyhnhnm Wisdom in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Cut off two inches?

I don't think it looks bad at all. Maybe a micro trim? What ever you decide I'm sure it will be the best for you.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

If it were me, I wouldn't take more than an inch off the longest point and maybe 1/4 inch off the rest of the ends. I think it looks pretty good as is.

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I evened up my hair, an inch was all it took and my hair looked way different. Personally I don't think you need to cut off more than an inch but ultimately it's up to you.

Your hair looks pretty and thick on the ends but it is a little uneven (ahh the joys of growing out layers ), but I certainly don't think you look like a ragamuffin!

Length
    26/32/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks Shanarana My confidence has been wavering a bit.

December 2010!!!!

Length
    26/32/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Whoah, so everyone posted while I was posting again!

Thanks for saying it looks good, I might trim off an inch like Spidermom suggested.

December 2010!!!!

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Cool Re: Cut off two inches?

I know how you feel. My hair just reached waist length but was very scraggly so I trimmed off four inches of pure damage and evened everything up. It bothered me to do it, but I'd planned to trim off all the damage at summer's end. I looks much healthier now. ( Anyone who wants to grow their hair long, don't curl the ends with a curling iron like I did ! )

I think your hair looks thick and beautiful though, so I'd probably just trim off an inch max.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Before I trimmed my hair I found myself obsessed with thinking about it because the ends were not as even as I wanted them to be.

If you think it will soothe you, then you should do it!

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

If you want to change it into more of a 'u' than a 'v' then you could trim the longest bits but I think it looks fine. There doesn't really seem to be any noticeable taper and it looks pretty healthy so I wouldn't worry about it unless you want to change the shape.

On a side note, I do think it's a problem with 2cish hair that it does often look "scruffy" to other people, because they are used to seeing hair that is very straight or neatly curled with heat styling so much nowadays so with hairtype halfway in between people think that you should either straighten it or curl it. It's one of those things that I think we're more likely to get negative comments maybe (also, it's a hard hairtype to learn to deal with as so many people don't realise for years their hair is somewhat curly and brush it, I know I did). So I guess my point is try not to put too much stock in what other people think because they have preconceptions about what hair should look like which are very different from what we at LHC generally think

Length
    26/32/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I know it will grow, but I've waited so long for it to be solidly at waist that it would be hard for me to cut it off.
    anna1850 I think you're right about people not knowing how to react towards in-between hair. In high school people always told me to straighten it.... never did, it just made my hair look weird.
    I'll see how I feel about it in a week and then figure out if I should trim or not.
    I appreciate everyones input!

December 2010!!!!