View Poll Results: Does your scalp sweat?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 66.87%
  • I'm not sure, but I think it does

21 12.88%
  • I'm not sure, but I don't think so

14 8.59%
  • No

12 7.36%
  • I don't know

3 1.84%
  • My scalp only has cheese glands

4 2.45%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your scalp sweat?

Type
    2c/C/iii

Default Does your scalp sweat?

I found a poll about this on another forum, and some people said their scalps would sweat while others said their scalp didn't seem to have sweat glands. I've never noticed my scalp sweating, even when my face and neck have been sweaty. I'm not sure if that's because it really doesn't sweat or because my hair soaks it up, but the hair closest to my scalp has always seemed just as dry when I've been sweaty as it usually does. (The hair touching my neck, however...)

If I were to guess, I'd say my scalp doesn't sweat, or at the very least a lot less than the rest of my body.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Does your scalp sweat?

My scalp sweats. That's where those beads of sweat running down my face originate. I don't sweat as much as some though. I remember hiking with a friend who kept his head shaved. At the end of the hike he took off his hat and bandana and wrung the sweat out of it!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Ater taking a dance class my ponytails' part that's closest to my head is soaking wet.

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I sweat everywhere. My scalp does it exceptionally well, especially around the edges. I could probably pull off that bandana wringing out that neko mentioned, after a decent hike with my hair in a braid all of it ends up soaking wet. I've always been jealous of people who manage not to sweat much. I have co-workers who apparently don't sweat much at all unless they're in a hot yoga class, which I've never enjoyed as the extra heat with my yoga just ends up with me even more sweaty than usual I guess sweating is a wonderful thing when it's a novelty?

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

When I ran(before I became pregnant) my hair would get sopping wet all the way from scalp to about an inch down my braid. It was jut gross, but thats the way I'm made I guess...of course it normally was at the hottest part of the day in south Mississippi where the humidity is crazy high.

Length
    22"/26.3"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

A LOT. It's because where I live there's a really hot climate (torrid zone), sometimes it sucks if you wanna skip 2 days of washing

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Indeed it does, especially if my hair's braided really tightly. With my hair as coarse and thick as it is, it's actually cooler for me to wear it down on hot days since my loose hair lets air circulate. Ironically enough, I myself don't seem to sweat much at all.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    ~sldr/18/22-25
    Type
    2a/F/ii

When it gets really hot outside and I have to do a lot of walking, when I get inside I sometimes notice sweat in my hair, close to the roots. So it makes me think that on really hot days (90+ degree temperatures) my scalp will sweat a bit but when the temperature outside is lower (even in the 80 degree range) I don't notice my scalp sweating.

Length
    pixie/30/Term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Like a mother*.

***I miss you***

Spatially Disoriented Charybdis's Avatar
    Length
    chin/tbl/clsc
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Yup, my scalp sweats a ton. I don't find it has an impact on how often I have to wash my hair, though, as I'm normally a twice-a-week gal to keep my seborrheic dermatitis under control. The sweat doesn't smell (no apocrine glands on the scalp), and it makes my hair curlier as it dries. I do produce sebum a little faster in the heat, and sometimes I'll wash my hair a bit more frequently for that reason.