View Poll Results: Cones: yay or nay?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • High porosity-- I use cones all the time!

9 14.75%
  • High porosity-- I use cones on special occasions

3 4.92%
  • High porosity-- I never use cones

0 0%
  • Medium porosity-- I use cones all the time!

4 6.56%
  • Medium porosity-- I use cones on special occasions

5 8.20%
  • Medium porosity-- I never use cones

5 8.20%
  • Low porosity-- I use cones all the time!

10 16.39%
  • Low porosity-- I use cones on special occasions

1 1.64%
  • Low porosity-- I never use cones

9 14.75%
  • I don't know my porosity

15 24.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair porosity and cones

Length
    Buzz/thigh/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Default Re: Hair porosity and cones

My ends are really porous because of bleach, and they don't like cones at all; they get puffy, crunchy and feel pretty much like sandpaper, on the other side, my virgin hair has veeery low porosity and it behaves pretty much the same either with or without them.

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is highly porous, it always has been. My hair likes the expensive cone condish from salons, but not the more accessible ones. If I use cones, I can't go more than 2 days without washing, because of buildup. My hair LOVES ACV rinse, then olive oil on the ends while it dries.. but my wurls/curls are so random that it looks like I used a curling iron and only half of it took.. When my hair reaches BSL, they all fall into place...

So, yeah..

My daughter's hair is extremely LOW porosity, I baby her WSL hair more than my own, and her hair LOVES cones... but her hair is very fine and very straight, but extremely thick, she has a TON of hair.

So I guess it's all about which cone you're using and what your hair likes.. Maybe not so much the porosity?
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have medium porosity but before using bleach and permanent dye it was propably low or at least in the border of low and medium. My hair still behaves the some way actually but it has to be more porous because of all harsh treatments. I just have babyed it to a very good condition. I can use cones once in a while but I can't use them always. After 3 or 2 CO washes with coney conditioner my hair gets all weird. It looks like it's very greasy although it is not.
    Last edited by Neneka; April 7th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I'm low porosity on my less wrecked hair parts,and cones are sort of okay,I haven't noticed a difference.The ends that have been dyed many times are another story.I've cut down on cones in the past few months /neglect/ and I'm seeing splits for the first time in my life.

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I have low porosity and never use cones. I remember that my hair before LHC was always crunchy and difficult to manage, and now it's like a completely different head of hair that belongs to someone else. I'm not sure at all if that has to do more with not using cones, gentle handling, switching to CO-washing after previously following bottle advice to use a "dime-sized dollop" of condish, having my hair up every day, or etc. I'm not keen on finding out. I suspect I could use cones without any change in my hair quality. I just like not having to worry about buildup from them haha.