Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much Manic Panic do you need for 30" of ii/iii hair?

Length
    Pixie/Class/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default How much Manic Panic do you need for 30" of ii/iii hair?

I'm dying my hair tonight and I bought 2 jars of Manic Panic in Vampire Red. I was wondering, is this enough for 30" of ii/iii hair? Or should I stop by sally's and get more?

I emailed them, and they said for thick waist length hair I'd need 4-5 jars. However, on their website they show a picture of a girl (go to the shade list and click vampire red, and keep clicking the arrow until you reach the girl named Gema) who has hair down to her butt and they call it "waist length." So I'm wondering if they have the right idea of how long my hair really is

You can click the timeline link in my sig for recent pics of my hair.

So what do you guys think?

Pixie BSLMBL WL HL BCL TBL CL??????????
    semi-hiatus, computer is broken

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: How much Manic Panic do you need for 30" of ii/iii hair?

I have fine hair (although a decent amount of it), ~hip lengt...I bought 2 jars...and ended up using about 2/3 of one, and I put A LOT of it. I guess I thought it would be more dense or heavy, like conditioner or something, but it's more liquid, and it's not like it gets absorbed by the hair, or dries like a regular box dye.

Length
    BSL/Waist/H-Cl
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I manic panicked my MBL, fine, medium thickness hair with a bit under half a jar of manic panic amplified vampire red formula the other day, so depending on how wasteful you are I don't see why 2 jars can't do all of your waist length hair in one shot, unless you have the thickness of a yeti. (Doesn't look like it from your siggy). 5 jars seems kind of excessive to me? Maybe I didn't do mine quite right, but I don't see any gaps. Worst thing is to run out mid dye, but this stuff gets everywhere, it's like a nightmare, so I think you'll have more of it rather than less. Really can't imagine needing 5 jars unless you had much longer hair, say mid-thigh or something. :/
    Lady Lunadriael, Light of the Lune, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Class/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    I have fine hair (although a decent amount of it), ~hip lengt...I bought 2 jars...and ended up using about 2/3 of one, and I put A LOT of it. I guess I thought it would be more dense or heavy, like conditioner or something, but it's more liquid, and it's not like it gets absorbed by the hair, or dries like a regular box dye.
    Ah, good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunadriael View Post
    I manic panicked my MBL, fine, medium thickness hair with a bit under half a jar of manic panic amplified vampire red formula the other day, so depending on how wasteful you are I don't see why 2 jars can't do all of your waist length hair in one shot, unless you have the thickness of a yeti. (Doesn't look like it from your siggy). 5 jars seems kind of excessive to me? Maybe I didn't do mine quite right, but I don't see any gaps. Worst thing is to run out mid dye, but this stuff gets everywhere, it's like a nightmare, so I think you'll have more of it rather than less. Really can't imagine needing 5 jars unless you had much longer hair, say mid-thigh or something. :/
    Yeah, 5 jars seemed VERY excessive...but it just made me nervous since it was so far off from my original estimation that I would only need 2 :P

Length
    Pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'd buy three. I need 2 bottles and I'm hip/ii hair. I want to say I'm around 32 inches.

Pixie::Shoulder::APL

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I used one on my almost waist length, 30" ii hair. Had to take the unused one back to sallys. I put it on thick too!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    Pixie/Class/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vanille_ View Post
    I'd buy three. I need 2 bottles and I'm hip/ii hair. I want to say I'm around 32 inches.
    Followed your advice and got another bottle. I've seen some of your red hair pics I think, I hope my results are as beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    I used one on my almost waist length, 30" ii hair. Had to take the unused one back to sallys. I put it on thick too!
    Maybe I'll get away with one haha!

Dying now, hoping it turns out good!!

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Looking forward to seeing your results ! I'm considering Vampire Red, too (or maybe orange). I guess that with mid-thigh length hair I'd need at least two jars...or maybe not, my hair's very fine.

I don't know, but I'm excited to see your results!!

Length
    bsl/Tlb/Clss
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

I only need about half a pot of Vampire Red for my tailbone length hair. Granted, I have pretty thin hair and I diluted it with conditioner till it turns sort of a bright tomato red. I find that doing this doesn't stain my bathroom like a murder scene as much and the colour payoff is pretty much a bright red. It also doesn't rub off which is good considering I once used blue manic panic undiluted and it rubbed off on everything! It really depends on how dark you want your hair to turn out, if you want it bright red then diluting it would save you loads of money and it still stains hair the same way.

P.S: I have had my hair bleach bathed so I'm not sure if it would still have the same effect on virgin hair.