Thread: Did I messed it up? Boar Bristles vs "Any Other Animal" Bristles

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Did I mess it up? Boar Bristles vs "Any Other Animal" Bristles

Yesterday I went to buy a BBB, but then when I touched the bristles I realized they were harder than I expected. So, in the wide array of brushed exposed, I choose a softer, very gentle one made by natural (animal) bristles. I think they are pony tail bristles, or something like this, and the brush is usually shopped for children.
    Knowing that my hair is fine and prone to breakage, and that BBBs however aren't for detangling, I felt better this way.
    Expecially since the owner tryied to convince me into buying a brush with BB mixed with regular plastic teeth.

The point is: did I messed it up? It will work? I tryied it and it glides smoothly, seems fine. How a good bristle brush is supposed to behave?
    Last edited by SleepyTangles; March 30th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Did I messed it up? Boar Bristles vs "Any Other Animal" Bristles

I don't know about your brush, but I prefer a softer bristle. My first couple of BBBs had stiff bristles and I had the feeling that they were shredding my hair. Then I bought a very soft bristle brush at the thrift store; no more shredding. It doesn't penetrate through all my hair unless I sandwich my hair between the brush and my palm, however, and it's excellent for smoothing the surface.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Did I messed it up? Boar Bristles vs "Any Other Animal" Bristles

Thanks, I'm relieved: maybe my decision was for the best!
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...