Thread: From damaged bleached blonde to light brown with henna/indigo?

Length
    19/29/33
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii/iii

Default From damaged bleached blonde to light brown with henna/indigo?

Hi LHC, i've been lurking for quite sometime and finally posting! The past couple months I've been attempting to bleach out my bright red dye/henna/indigo with sucess but alot of damage has come with it. I wanted a baby pink color...that's really out of the question I see now though and have decided that I'll grow out my natural color...My hair is medium blonde currently but still has a green/blue tinge...now I'm wanting to use henna/indigo to get my hair to a light brown base color. Then I want to layer on henna every couple weeks to get a firey deep red while I grow out my natural dark brown hair. Hopes and dreams? I've never mixed my own henna/indigo so please advise me on percentages/application time/ etc. I want a light brown (warm tones are fine) from a bleached blonde. I'm using jamila and zenia henna, I also have cassia...

I'll update with pictures in a bit :]

Length
    30.5/34/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: From damaged bleached blonde to light brown with henna/indigo?

Hello! I'm keen for your updates! I'm also a beached blonde and looking for a light brown using hendigo... How did it go?
    BSL - WAIST - HIP

Length
    15/24/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Hi,
    I also wanted to know how it went? Post pics if you have them please.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

when I was on the same journey I just let it grow, so I can't directly answer your question, but I do know that indigo on my friend's light auburn hair made it an icky grey, and cassia on my hair never did anything except be a huge mess to clean up.

the site Renaissance Henna has a lot of information about natural hair dyes, and she claims she can match any natural hair color with herbal dyes. When I was considering what you are, I found her to be extremely knowledgeble and helpful as well as just NICE, which some other big suppliers aren't.

What did work for me was dying dark to cover the brassy tones, then just growing out. Unfortunately since I was doing a lot of SMTs at that time the dye got stripped out really fast and I was left with orange again. However, nowadays 'ombre' (aka growing out roots) is in, so maybe it would be easier to just wait it out.

Ultimately there is nothing better than benign neglect, and sometimes less is more.
    Good luck!
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I have a few posts from a few years ago about covering old strawberry blonde highlights with Lush Caca Noir. It has indigo and there is just something about the Lush bar ritual. I'm reluctant to use any indigo now, because you can't lighten over it or it will turn green.....it was still quite red under certain light but gave off a more brunette look most of the time. Sounds like the Renaissance Henna site is a good option for you. Good luck and patience!

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.