Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide! One length curly hair pictures?

Length
    short/APL/HIP
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Help me decide! One length curly hair pictures?

Thanks for your responses everybody! I wear it up in a bun or a ponytail most of the time(-always) and I do plan on growing it much longer so why should I wait for it to get longer? I guess it won't look like a triangle for ever right? I'm also not really in a hurry to reach my goal length, I'm enjoying the journey too and I don't mind loosing some length for something I want to do eventually.
    Last edited by alexandros22; February 28th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Account Closed by Member Request

I think you should wait and I love how it looks all one length to be honest. Don't cut any growth without seriously considering it for ages, but that's just my opinion and what I would do if I had your awesome hair

Length
    28.5/30/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by goldloli View Post
    oh and an unrelated lovely pic i found of 3b/c hair that looks divine
    I will save this picture because it is exactly may hair texture . I decide to let my hair grow to my goal length and then cut it layered. I took this decision because I think if I cut my hair layered now at waist length, then when I achieve my goal the last layers will be very thin.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

You have gorgeous curls. TBH, I think your hair is a little too short to go for a blunt cut. You'll end up with triangle-head if you cut too much off. So I'd stick with growing it out some more first.
    Lady Senua of the Golden Mask in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    WCC method (washing) + Rinse-out oil (MO) + LOC method (styling)

As a wavy, I can tell you shoulder or above is bad for me blunt cut. YMMV.

Length
    short/APL/HIP
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBaby View Post
    I think you should wait and I love how it looks all one length to be honest. Don't cut any growth without seriously considering it for ages, but that's just my opinion and what I would do if I had your awesome hair
    Of course I will consider it a lot. Especially since I change my mind easily. When I say I'm going for it I mean probably some time in the next few months
    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    You have gorgeous curls. TBH, I think your hair is a little too short to go for a blunt cut. You'll end up with triangle-head if you cut too much off. So I'd stick with growing it out some more first.
    Quote Originally Posted by share801 View Post
    As a wavy, I can tell you shoulder or above is bad for me blunt cut. YMMV.
    My shortest layer is about an inch past shoulder length, when pulled straight, but it shrinks a lot so cutting it one length will result in shoulder length when curly. I 'll probably wait for it to grow one more inch before cutting.

Length
    short/APL/HIP
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Still, I haven't seen a picture of how this "triangle head" looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I agree with this. As a curly who has been through a wide range of cuts and lengths, a blunt hemline did not improve the appearance of my hair at that length and only made hairstyles harder to achieve. It is better suited to longer hair, I think.

Length
    28.5/30/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Here you can have an example of how one length U shaped waist length curly hair looks like... I really don't do something special just some oil and leave in when is wet, scrunch a little and let it AIR DRY WITHOUT touching it...

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I am not a curly but a wavy. Even so, my hair has a tendency towards the triangle look. It did this right up to waist. I love my layers anyway, but it is a good thing. I would grow before trimming because you curlies lose a lot of length to your curls.
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.